So Sick of Incompetence

Save ya a google search....

Mensch (Yiddish: מענטש‎ mentsh, cognate with German: Mensch "human being") means "a person of integrity and honor."[1] The opposite of a "mensch" is an "unmensch" (meaning: an utterly unlikeable or unfriendly person). According to Leo Rosten, the Yiddish maven and author of The Joys of Yiddish, "mensch" is "someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible, decorous."[2] The term is used as a high compliment, expressing the rarity and value of that individual's qualities.

:D

Interesting note, though. I was on the phone with the marketplace and brought up the issue of not being able to download docs for the man who (somehow through him or the marketplace) had reported a change, but then he later got a letter asking for the docs that had originally been asked for. The rep told me "no, if you aren't able to load documents, that means that all inconsistencies have been resolved. If I can't see that they have temporary eligibility, then their issues have been resolved That person should just disregard that letter, whatever they reported has resolved the issue".

I am not disregarding that letter, of course.

Well, marketplace wins again, now I am probably losing my commission.

I call with a client who is STILL showing unresolved consistencies. (have sent in proof several times, the only proof they have or could ever have). They have now filed 2015 taxes, making within $1000 of what we estimated for 2016(still subsidy eligible).

The marketplace rep puts me on a brief hold to "research it". Comes back and says it shows that it has been resolved.

Something smells weird with that as it is the first time that has ever happened to me. We hang up.

I log back in through the portal to see the application.

New eligibility letter with a new date of TODAY, thanking them for reporting a change in income (of course, there is no change, it is the same identical income as what was reported in November). No longer asks for proof of income. With a carrier not paying commission anymore.

At least their issue is resolved, though. And I most likely lose the rest of the year's commission. Over $500.

I can't sell Medicare products fast enough to make up for the commissions I am losing daily on the individual market. Not with all of the U65 servicing I am having to do.

Last edited:
Well, marketplace wins again, now I am probably losing my commission.

I call with a client who is STILL showing unresolved consistencies. (have sent in proof several times, the only proof they have or could ever have). They have now filed 2015 taxes, making within $1000 of what we estimated for 2016(still subsidy eligible).

The marketplace rep puts me on a brief hold to "research it". Comes back and says it shows that it has been resolved.

Something smells weird with that as it is the first time that has ever happened to me. We hang up.

I log back in through the portal to see the application.

New eligibility letter with a new date of TODAY, thanking them for reporting a change in income (of course, there is no change, it is the same identical income as what was reported in November). No longer asks for proof of income. With a carrier not paying commission anymore.

At least their issue is resolved, though. And I most likely lose the rest of the year's commission. Over $500.

I can't sell Medicare products fast enough to make up for the commissions I am losing daily on the individual market. Not with all of the U65 servicing I am having to do.

That is disgusting, the Marketplace will do whatever they can to screw agents on an hourly basis, I'm sure it's part of basic training for all of them since we are 'the enemy'

Back