So Sick of Incompetence

TN_agent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with the marketplace only to be basically either lied to or someone BS-ing because they don't know what the $*$& they are *$&#*$ talking about.

Calling on behalf of the client, who got a letter asking for income verification. I am not sure if the marketplace got what we sent in or if it was the form letter dated from a month ago that apparently goes out to everyone to scare them even if they turned in the docs 2 months ago.

The marketplace rep that finally answers states that they can't view the letters and don't know what they say. After going around and around, I call the client and get her to read the letter over the phone. The letter says "we received your application but we need more information on income". Please provide more documents by May 8th. (original deadline was 2/17/16, everything was turned in 2 weeks before that--I sent certified mail, signature conf., return receipt requested--that was delivered 2/4/2016, and I uploaded on 2/1/2016--they waited so they could have IRA distribution letter to send in)---EVERYTHING WAS PRISTINE, SSN, app#, State, DOB, etc on EVERY PAGE)

This recent doesn't say "we received your documents and need more information". So I am still confused as to whether or not this is a form letter or specific to them.

The person says "that is a specific letter to them, they need to send the documents in that were requested".

They are asking for the SAME EXACT documents that were uploaded to their acct AND mailed 6 weeks ago!!! They retired last year and draw SS and out of IRA only, not other income. We provided SSA benefit letters AND the withdrawal statement from the IRA acct. Also a summary letter in case some moron couldn't figure out the math.

I ask the person, what else can we possibly send??????? They have already sent the verbatim documents that were requested in the letter. They said "I don't know, resend them".

I said, is there anyone that can tell me why they were rejected, or is there anyone who can tell me if the original ones have even been looked at yet.

They answer "no, there is no one for me to talk to or ask. I can't verify anything".

I ask, who can? The answer is "no one, that is a different department".

#&$*$%(@(#$**

so I guess I re-submit the exact same @$*#ing docs, right? And hope someone with an iota of brain looks at them this time??

(existing long-term client, not taking new exchange ones at this point due to this horse#*$&)

Last edited:
It is a form letter. The rep is right, no way to verify receipt. Upload docs is only thing u can do to ensure they got them. Takes about 3-4 weeks to be reviewed

Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with the marketplace only to be basically either lied to or someone BS-ing because they don't know what the $*$& they are *$&#*$ talking about.

Calling on behalf of the client, who got a letter asking for income verification. I am not sure if the marketplace got what we sent in or if it was the form letter dated from a month ago that apparently goes out to everyone to scare them even if they turned in the docs 2 months ago.

The marketplace rep that finally answers states that they can't view the letters and don't know what they say. After going around and around, I call the client and get her to read the letter over the phone. The letter says "we received your application but we need more information on income". Please provide more documents by May 8th. (original deadline was 2/17/16, everything was turned in 2 weeks before that--I sent certified mail, signature conf., return receipt requested--that was delivered 2/4/2016, and I uploaded on 2/1/2016--they waited so they could have IRA distribution letter to send in)---EVERYTHING WAS PRISTINE, SSN, app#, State, DOB, etc on EVERY PAGE)

This recent doesn't say "we received your documents and need more information". So I am still confused as to whether or not this is a form letter or specific to them.

The person says "that is a specific letter to them, they need to send the documents in that were requested".

They are asking for the SAME EXACT documents that were uploaded to their acct AND mailed 6 weeks ago!!! They retired last year and draw SS and out of IRA only, not other income. We provided SSA benefit letters AND the withdrawal statement from the IRA acct. Also a summary letter in case some moron couldn't figure out the math.

I ask the person, what else can we possibly send??????? They have already sent the verbatim documents that were requested in the letter. They said "I don't know, resend them".

I said, is there anyone that can tell me why they were rejected, or is there anyone who can tell me if the original ones have even been looked at yet.

They answer "no, there is no one for me to talk to or ask. I can't verify anything".

I ask, who can? The answer is "no one, that is a different department".

#&$*$%(@(#$**

so I guess I re-submit the exact same @$*#ing docs, right? And hope someone with an iota of brain looks at them this time??

(existing long-term client, not taking new exchange ones at this point due to this horse#*$&)

up load the docs, do it every other day till it go green, someone has to open the uploaded docs and they will get sick of it and turn it green, mailing in any shape or form is a total waste of time and money, just keep uploading, I had a list of 10-12 during open enrollment and that's what I did and after a few weeks they all went green

It is a form letter. The rep is right, no way to verify receipt. Upload docs is only thing u can do to ensure they got them. Takes about 3-4 weeks to be reviewed

I figured it was a form letter. When he said it was specific to my clients I strongly suspected he was BS-ing me.

I uploaded the forms to HC.gov on 2/1. I mailed them the same day only as a back up to incompetence. Obviously wasn't enough.

It is still showing red, 6 weeks letter. There is no way other than human incompetence that what I sent was not sufficient. The documents matched to the dollar the amount on the application. They consisted of letters from SSA and IRA distribution forms. All contained all pertinent information.

I also attached a summary letter explaining that client had retired and no longer had income from XYZ company that he had in the past.

tater-there is no duplicate app, I have checked. Was not submitted through WBE, we actually called because they don't have email.

Last edited:
TN_Agent, you deserve a medal for working through so much B.S.. Your experience illustrates why agents are charging the client in many instances.

Thanks AC. A medal would be nice, but I would settle just for someone to look at their #$@!*&@ docs.

I uploaded everything again. They are also getting me their tax return from last year and his separation form from last year (which frankly isn't going to help because it shows income he had last year from the job he retired from which isn't around anymore). They are scared they are going to lost their $700+ a month subsidy. I feel bad for them, they (and I) did everything that was asked of them and more.

And another one this morning! Same identical letter which is basically "you haven't submitted your documents yet" (which was supposedly specific to my other clients--a total lie)

Guy has only SSI and a pension. Uploaded 1/21/16, mailed the same day, they received a few days later according to delivery confirmation. Proof was annual letter from SSA and 2015 1099-R from his pension. Also a summary letter doing the math to get to identical dollar amount. This is ridiculous!!!

Back