Somebody Want to Break the Bad News?

Let me guess... Hope I'm right... My god if I'm wrong... Let's see, can't have obama bucks when you got group coverage floating round you could have been on.... IRS time I wonder if this reporter wishes to speak to them

Excerpt from the Article:
"After their births, Morales' children have continued to receive Medicaid coverage. But the self-employed cake maker did not. As a result, her diabetes was out of control. About a year ago, Morales, 31, became so sick she was hospitalized for nearly a week."

The news is bad, but there's HOPE. If Sophia stops tasting the cake batter, and the finished product, her diabetes symptoms should become less severe and she'll avoid another costly hospitalization.
ac

So, how is the IRS going to catch this?
Do the new tax forms ask for proof of employer coverage access?

Seems to me, the most successful agents are still up working at this hour of the night.

So, how is the IRS going to catch this?
Do the new tax forms ask for proof of employer coverage access?

Seems to me, the most successful agents are still up working at this hour of the night.

Seems to me that most successful agents are up at 6am working before getting kids out the door! ;)

I'm guessing its not an IRS issue. They have 4 kids and he probably makes under the amount needed to get a subsidy.

I see several Waldo's.

1 - Tater spotted it. They probably weren't subsidy eligible.

2 - They trusted some bozo at goodluck.gov for advice

3 - Somehow Joe (TxInsurance) failed to sell them a plan. Maybe their Obamaphone was on the fritz.

4 - Someone needs to educate them on birth control and family finances.

It appears that they are non-married cohabiting adults (different last names). As such, they can skirt the "household" rule by filing separately. This means that he can take employer coverage, and the $660 is to add her as a domestic partner.

Since she's not a spouse, and they are not a household, she's eligible to obtain subsidized coverage for herself and her kids based on "her household" as far as tax filings go.

Yagents, to answer your question on how IRS will catch those who have employer coverage but claim they don't: Employee will file taxes, citing their employer as the source of their income. Employer also files taxes, indicating they offer coverage, as that reporting is now requirement on the taxes for both individuals and businesses. A simple query on their data once received by IRS will reveal who is offered coverage but reported they aren't.

I'll wait for the next article to come out.....

COUPLE EXPECTING $3000 TAX REFUND OWES $500 DUE TO OBAMACARE

It appears that they are non-married cohabiting adults (different last names). As such, they can skirt the "household" rule by filing separately. This means that he can take employer coverage, and the $660 is to add her as a domestic partner.

Since she's not a spouse, and they are not a household, she's eligible to obtain subsidized coverage for herself and her kids based on "her household" as far as tax filings go.

Yagents, to answer your question on how IRS will catch those who have employer coverage but claim they don't: Employee will file taxes, citing their employer as the source of their income. Employer also files taxes, indicating they offer coverage, as that reporting is now requirement on the taxes for both individuals and businesses. A simple query on their data once received by IRS will reveal who is offered coverage but reported they aren't.

1. They are married, per the article......

Morales, who also holds a part-time job, wants coverage under the employer-based health plan of her husband, Bennie Garza, a law firm file clerk

2. Must file joint tax return to get subsidies

3. I don't think employers are required to report all info this year in 2014, but agree for 2015. But, i may be wrong on this one.

4. Somarco wins with the most Waldo's

----------

Don't you just hate that "family glitch". Should have read the law first.

Writing on wall for Halbig lawsuit?

3. I don't think employers are required to report all info this year in 2014, but agree for 2015. But, i may be wrong on this one.

It won't be the employer that gets'em busted it'll be their own return and the questions they'll have to answer on that form. Unless they lie....which I strongly discourage.

Back