State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
If I were a moderator, I'd make this thread a "sticky" to the top of this "Health Insurance Reform" forum. Why? Because this particular website gives real-time snapshots and updates of Health Insurance Reform implementation, participating exchange companies and premiums, on a national and state-by-state basis as the data comes in.

http://www.statereforum.org/states

Based on the progress made thus far, over the past 3 years, it doesn't look like many states will be ready to launch their exchanges on October 1st and virtually no state's medical system is ready to handle the huge influx of newly insured individuals needing medical attention.
-ac

I wish the site would give you a date of last update for each state. IL has been on 17% since you first posted the site, and I'm sure they've completed a few more tasks/milestones since.

In general, I think Oct. 1 is a rosy scenario. A lot of this responsibility falls on the feds, who have 27-30 exchanges to help create and implement. That's over 50%, so their success (or lack of it) will be a major factor.

The main page Welcome | State Refor(u)m shows when the latest information has arrived from each state.

What I'm trying to figure out is if HHS has directed all states to use this site to share info and inform the public of progress (the transparency thing), or is it just a site that states CAN use to share and inform.

It's interesting to see that the exchange infrastructure is nearing completion, thanks to private contractors, but the governments (fed and state) are not getting their tasks done. That's strange...NOT.
-ac

I clicked on the discussions tab and looked around........what did I find? Our .gov, hard at work.......I am fairly certain that humans are doomed......

https://www.statereforum.org/discussions/modified-adjusted-gross-income

Regina Cooper
Pennsylvania
Additional Marketplace Monday materials.
I noticed the materials for marketplace Monday end on June 3, 2013. Have there been any new "installments?"

reply useful?Today 02:57 PM

Alice Weiss
District of Columbia
MAGI Training Materials for States - Check this Out!
Louisiana - ever a font of creativity - has created this really ingenious and funny email training materials called MAGI Monday directed to eligibility workers. Using a "real life" case study of the Kardashians, the missives walk workers through how changes in household, income, and custody might impact how the eligibility determination is implemented and whether and who is eligible for Medicaid. The state is using this tool to help get their line staff acclimated to new concepts and rules before the in-depth trainings get underway. Susan Wright in Louisiana has kindly shared these so other states can use them or be inspired to create their own serials. We will be posting these weekly so you can keep current with all the twists and turns in the MAGI saga. Enjoy!

Louisiana MAGI Training Materials
download
reply11 people found this useful. do you?A Week Ago At 11:43am

Brilliant!

It's like teaching children math with candy, only we're adults and we're learning insurance with celebrities.

I clicked on the discussions tab and looked around........what did I find? Our .gov, hard at work.......I am fairly certain that humans are doomed......

Those discussions are just Exchange big-wigs from various states killing time while they wait for the Federal dollars to arrive. And wait...and wait...and wait...:D

Back