Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Reply to State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website     
Old 05-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Guru
AllenChicago on State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website - Insurance Forum

State: AllenChicago is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
AllenChicago is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website
If I were a moderator, I'd make this thread a "sticky" to the top of this "Health Insurance Reform" forum. Why? Because this particular website gives real-time snapshots and updates of Health Insurance Reform implementation, participating exchange companies and premiums, on a national and state-by-state basis as the data comes in.

http://www.statereforum.org/states

Based on the progress made thus far, over the past 3 years, it doesn't look like many states will be ready to launch their exchanges on October 1st and virtually no state's medical system is ready to handle the huge influx of newly insured individuals needing medical attention.
-ac
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website
Old 05-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Guru

State: stuy119 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
stuy119 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website Re: State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website
I wish the site would give you a date of last update for each state. IL has been on 17% since you first posted the site, and I'm sure they've completed a few more tasks/milestones since.

In general, I think Oct. 1 is a rosy scenario. A lot of this responsibility falls on the feds, who have 27-30 exchanges to help create and implement. That's over 50%, so their success (or lack of it) will be a major factor.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Guru
AllenChicago on State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website - Insurance Forum

State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website Re: State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website AllenChicago is the thread starter for: State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website

The main page Welcome | State Refor(u)m shows when the latest information has arrived from each state.

What I'm trying to figure out is if HHS has directed all states to use this site to share info and inform the public of progress (the transparency thing), or is it just a site that states CAN use to share and inform.

It's interesting to see that the exchange infrastructure is nearing completion, thanks to private contractors, but the governments (fed and state) are not getting their tasks done. That's strange...NOT.
-ac
Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
Guru

State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website Re: State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website AllenChicago is the thread starter for: State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website

Here's a link to a news article that shows a summary of what carriers are on what state exchanges, as of June 16, 2013.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ions.html?_r=0

One thing I didn't know until today is that UnitedHealth owns a company named "All Savers Insurance Company". All Savers is listed on 2 Exchanges thus far.. Colorado and Maryland.

Info on All Savers:
A.M. Best Assigns Ratings to All Savers Insurance Company - WSJ.com
-ac

Register Now for FREE!
Are you an Insurance Forums member yet ? To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please fill out the form below !

Username:     Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Type the result for 11 x 3 I agree to forum rules 

Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Guru

State: Post Quartermaster is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website Re: State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website
I clicked on the discussions tab and looked around........what did I find? Our .gov, hard at work.......I am fairly certain that humans are doomed......

https://www.statereforum.org/discuss...d-gross-income

Regina Cooper
Pennsylvania
Additional Marketplace Monday materials.
I noticed the materials for marketplace Monday end on June 3, 2013. Have there been any new "installments?"

reply useful?Today 02:57 PM

Alice Weiss
District of Columbia
MAGI Training Materials for States - Check this Out!
Louisiana - ever a font of creativity - has created this really ingenious and funny email training materials called MAGI Monday directed to eligibility workers. Using a "real life" case study of the Kardashians, the missives walk workers through how changes in household, income, and custody might impact how the eligibility determination is implemented and whether and who is eligible for Medicaid. The state is using this tool to help get their line staff acclimated to new concepts and rules before the in-depth trainings get underway. Susan Wright in Louisiana has kindly shared these so other states can use them or be inspired to create their own serials. We will be posting these weekly so you can keep current with all the twists and turns in the MAGI saga. Enjoy!

Louisiana MAGI Training Materials
download
reply11 people found this useful. do you?A Week Ago At 11:43am
Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Guru

State: RayNY is an Insurance Agent from New York
Brilliant!

It's like teaching children math with candy, only we're adults and we're learning insurance with celebrities.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
Guru

State: Post Quartermaster is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by RayNY View Post
Brilliant!

It's like teaching children math with candy, only we're adults and we're learning insurance with celebrities.
Attached Images
File Type: png tumblr_m2suji2FJX1qanakeo1_500.png (197.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
Guru

Originally Posted by Post Quartermaster View Post
I clicked on the discussions tab and looked around........what did I find? Our .gov, hard at work.......I am fairly certain that humans are doomed......
Those discussions are just Exchange big-wigs from various states killing time while they wait for the Federal dollars to arrive. And wait...and wait...and wait...
Reply to State-By-State ACA Implementation Progress Website 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum

Tags
website