STM and Proposed Changes

Maybe the 2-person group will reappear for 2018.

Dude I have been writing Husband and Wife 2 man groups left and right...got 2 groups emailing me paperwork by fri for a June 1 effective date....and I predict that 2 man groups will be cheaper than 2018 rates.....I even had a Father 53 and his 17 year old daughter for a LLC and got them issued on a HSA PPO group plan......

BCBS, Virginia, all we need is 2 payroll EE's, 30 hours +, one can have valid waiver. Seen this with owner being covered, EE has Medicare or spouse coverage, or individual.

I wonder if Blue will do this in Arizona anyone know?
Uhc wont...

BCBSTX is doing it ONLY because our DOI put them in a head lock. Every other carrier (including UHC) is saying no.

Like Texas, BCBS-IL was the only company that offered 2-person groups as well. And then only from Nov15-Dec15 2016.

I wonder if Blue will do this in Arizona anyone know?
Uhc wont...

You can probably get information on their website, most blues websites have info about small group.

Forgot to mention in my post about 2 EE's on payroll for BCBS in Virginia. One EE has to be other than the spouse or child, unless adult, on payroll 30+ hours/week. The 2nd employee can also have a valid coverage waiver, such as "covered elsewhere", and then the owner/spouse can have group coverage. Group of 2 can't be just husband and wife as the only ones employed full time in the business.

KUDOS to everyone who wrote to their industry and/or political leaders about this. Hopefully, Short Term Medical will soon become as it was in 2016 and before..

""Fourteen Senate Republicans sent a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price on Thursday, asking him to reverse an Obama-era regulation that places restrictions on short-term limited duration (STLD) insurance plans, also called short-term insurance. The Obama-era regulation was meant to safeguard the Affordable Care Act (ACA) health exchanges by penalizing patients who purchased short term insurance as a type of primary coverage — thus protecting the risk pool.

If Price weakens this regulation, healthier patients could opt out of the state exchanges and purchase short term insurance plans for the long term. Without healthy people enrolled to offset those who are sick, the health care exchange takes a significant hit.

When ThinkProgress reached out to the Department of Health and Human Services for comment, spokesperson Alleigh Marré said they’ve “received the letter and will respond.”

It seems likely that Price will take the senators’ advice to reverse the penalties on short-term coverage. During a House hearing in March, he said he was intent on dismantling parts of the ACA within his purview. Last week, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services posted a request for information at the Federal Register, seeking comment from interested parties who are looking to reduce regulatory burdens from the ACA.""

Source: https://thinkprogress.org/senate-republicans-seek-end-to-obamacare-regulation-e4be39bb539b
:)

BCBSTX is doing it ONLY because our DOI put them in a head lock. Every other carrier (including UHC) is saying no.

not true.....Humana...Aetna....Scott & White will also write Husband and Wife....wrote one with Humana a few months ago......

not true.....Humana...Aetna....Scott & White will also write Husband and Wife....wrote one with Humana a few months ago......

With or without TWC on Humana? Benefit Mall? And Aetna is only doing level funded in Dallas, so I forget about them.

And SW..well...I would rather eat dirt then deal with the folks in Temple....

Back