Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum

Reply to STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?     
Old 08-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #11
Super Genius

State: mschlange is an Insurance Agent from
STM who Has Continuation of Benefits? Re: STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?
Interesting because according to Obama you could keep your plan if you liked it period. You could keep your doctor if you liked them period.
These plans are underwritten by companies that have a legal department and go through a compliance audit. More and more companies are going with an auto renewal on STM they are not unethical or immoral.
Clients need options and if we as agents don't show them the options someone else will and you lose a client.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?
Old 08-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #12
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by mschlange View Post
Interesting because according to Obama you could keep your plan if you liked it period. You could keep your doctor if you liked them period.
These plans are underwritten by companies that have a legal department and go through a compliance audit. More and more companies are going with an auto renewal on STM they are not unethical or immoral.
Clients need options and if we as agents don't show them the options someone else will and you lose a client.
Then why are you not sharing info about it? The first sign on this forum of something being shady is the reluctance to speak publicly about it. We see it time and time again. Maybe that is not the case with you, but it follows the same pattern as many others who were.

Im sure many around here, including myself, would love to hear about the product if it does what you say it does. But not being willing to share publicly is a huge red flag. If your hope was to have agents sell the product, you are having the opposite effect.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?
Gac vba has the only one I know of.
Contract direct if needed.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #14
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Yagents View Post
Gac vba has the only one I know of.
Contract direct if needed.
And its only available in just a few states.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #16
Guru
kgmom219 on STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?

State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Nice website. Can I buy a Medishare plan from you? Can you please make sure it covers cervical cancer? Thanks!

Post the SPD to this wonderful STM plan and let us look at it. If not, go away.

Thank you for setting a good example, Y.

Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #17
Super Genius

I offer multiple products to clients because they want to look at options. Medi Share is not for everyone but some clients want it. I can get you contracted and you receive 8% level commission on this product. You get your unique URL to quote and issue. You have to take a certification class.
I can even get you specific eo coverage for this product.

I have been in the business for over 35 years I have my RHU and REBC so I take my career seriously. I have never had a problem talking to another agent about potential products I am interested in.

If you're interested I will be glad to share
I would like the opportunity to receive an override. You get the street level commission. I have other products I can add to make it ACA penalty free.
I can offer you a unique URL to quote and enroll.

Again if interested please lets set a time to talk
Old 08-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #18
Guru

State: junkman is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
STM who Has Continuation of Benefits? Re: STM who Has Continuation of Benefits? junkman is the thread starter for: STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?

Originally Posted by mschlange View Post
Obama obviously hadn't been in the insurance business for long. Laws change, networks change, carriers leave the market or get bought.

Apparently, Trump is making things better - for himself by attempting to follow Scaramucci's directions to Bannon.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #19
Guru
AllenChicago on STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?

State: AllenChicago is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
AllenChicago is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by somarco View Post
AC, the language in the brochure is not a true continuation of benefits. It appears the plan will waive px for covered conditions that occurred during a prior STM policy.

Maybe you have seen something different that I missed. The referenced language has a fair amount of wiggle room.
Not sure what you are asking. If the insured develops a condition during the first policy term that condition will also be covered during the next two policy terms. Each term is three months.

Hopefully my Ez STM Peterson International clients will never have to put that to the test. But it is built into their program.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #20
Super Genius

The STM that have an automatic renewal option will cover a condition developed after the initial enrollment period. If you take an STM and develop a new condition then any renewals after the initial three months would be covered. In my case, I have a product I can write that will give 360 days continuous coverage. If someone developed a condition and still existed after the 360 days then I would have to look at the marketplace for that person.
Peterson plan is good not in my state but this plan the rates are as good as peterson
Reply to STM who Has Continuation of Benefits? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum