STM who Has Continuation of Benefits?

I think Companion Life/Pivot Health is 4 X 90 = 360. They are not guaranteed issue like Peterson, but they offer the renewals without the new pre-ex clause. Peterson is 3 X 90 = 270 but GI.

If self employed you can add a low cost MEC plan....if Christian or even semi-religious, you can also get a low cost CHS plan from someone like Christian Healthcare Ministries. Call it double coverage or covering all your bases......but you have beat the system for a fraction of ACA prices if the pre-ex is not a problem.

I am more than willing to send you information on the plan and a quoting link so you can see how the rates look.
If you send me an email I will email it to you. If you want to talk give me your number and we can discuss this
[email protected]
402-718-9400

Did you know having the word "marketplace" in your website domains or title is illegal per CMS??

If you bothered to scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a disclaimer?
This disclaimer is approved and allows me to use Marketplace in my name.
Many other agencies use a similar disclaimer on their sites.
How many businesses use the term Marketplace outside of healthcare?
Marketplace doesn't mean insurance but a place where you can buy various products. I sell various product to clients and be a one stop marketplace.

Did you know having the word "marketplace" in your website domains or title is illegal per CMS??

Brokers can exploit health exchange shopping - NBC News

The top online search result using the terms "texas health insurance exchange online" is for Texas Health Insurance Exchange, which sells unsubsidized insurance policies. The broker who owns the website is Scott Thiltgen, a state-licensed insurance agent in Cedar Park, Texas. He said he's also marketing on his Facebook page, Texas Health Insurance Marketplace.

Thiltgen said he's not out to confuse consumers. "It's basically there to have someone they can talk to that knows about the exchange," he said.

He said he's earned the federal certification needed to sell subsidized policies on exchanges, and plans to start once the federal marketplace sorts out its glitches.

"Right now I've got a list of people that are ready to sign up for subsidized exchange plans, but can't," Thiltgen said.

If you bothered to scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a disclaimer?
This disclaimer is approved and allows me to use Marketplace in my name.
Many other agencies use a similar disclaimer on their sites.
How many businesses use the term Marketplace outside of healthcare?
Marketplace doesn't mean insurance but a place where you can buy various products. I sell various product to clients and be a one stop marketplace.

Sorry buddy, but the required disclaimer is a different issue. We all have that.
Rational thinking and gov't rules never mix well.

You may want to read up on the CMS marketing guidelines:
Page 20-22
https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-...otection-and-PII-Webinar_FINAL_5-19-16_v2.pdf

Naming Your Business or Website
Business or Website Name Restrictions

The 2017 Payment Notice requires agents and brokers assisting
consumers with Marketplace transactions to refrain from
marketing or conduct that is misleading [45 CFR 155.220(j)(2)(i)].
• We interpret this FFM standard of conduct to extend to the
naming of businesses and websites associated with agents,
brokers, or web-brokers. The use of “Exchange,” “Marketplace,” or
other words in a name or URL that would reasonably cause
confusion with a federal program or website may be considered
misleading.
In the 2017 Letter to Issuers, CMS reminded agents, brokers, and
web-brokers of its interpretation that the FFM standard of conduct
45 CFR 155.220(j)(2)(i) extends to the use of “Marketplace” or
“Exchange” in the name of their businesses or websites.
• If an agent or broker assists a consumer with Individual Marketplace
QHP or an employer or employee with SHOP Marketplace plan
selection through a non-FFM website, a standardized disclaimer
must be prominently displayed to indicate the website is not the FFM
website, and include an active link to HealthCare.gov [45 CFR
155.220(c)(3)(vii)].
• The 2017 Letter to Issuers dated February 29, 2016 can be found at:
www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Regulat...oads/Final-2017-Letter-to-Issuers-2-29-16.pdf.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/45/155.220
Scroll down to 45 CFR 155.220(j)(2)(i)

(2) Standards of conduct. An individual or entity described in paragraph (j)(1) of this section must -

(i) Provide consumers with correct information, without omission of material fact, regarding the Federally-facilitated Exchanges, QHPs offered through the Federally-facilitated Exchanges, and insurance affordability programs, and refrain from marketing or conduct that is misleading (including by having a direct enrollment Web site that HHS determines could mislead a consumer into believing they are visiting HealthCare.gov), coercive, or discriminates based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation;

From the ACA CMS test:

Prohibition on Websites that Have Potential to Mislead a Consumer

Agents, brokers, and web-brokers who participate in the Marketplace may not have a direct enrollment website that HHS determines could mislead a consumer into believing he or she is visiting HealthCare.gov.

Examples of potentially inappropriate websites are those that utilize combinations of colors, text sizes, or fonts that have significant similarities to those used at HealthCare.gov and websites whose address or marketing name could suggest the website is owned or endorsed by HealthCare.gov.

-------------

*Health Insurance MarketplaceSM and MarketplaceSM are service marks of the the United States Department of Health & Human Services. When used in this document, the term “Health Insurance Marketplace” or “Marketplace” refers to Federally-facilitated Marketplaces (FFMs), including FFMs where states perform plan management functions, and also refers to State-based Marketplaces on the Federal Platform (SBM-FPs).

Last edited:
Seems the posts about domains stopped on this thread for some reason. :goofy:

Either way, I just read a Nat Gen policy from Nov 16', and it has 90 days continuation of coverage after termination date if no other coverage. Don't know if it has stayed the same.

Back