Supreme Courts Sets Dates for Oral Arguments

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
"WASHINGTON -- March madness is coming to the Supreme Court next year. The justices have designated three days, March 26 to March 28, as the oral argument dates for the health care cases.

The Court agreed to hear the challenges to the Affordable Care Act in November, setting aside an extraordinary five and a half hours for oral argument.

The main event will be on Tuesday, March 27, when the Court will take up the constitutionality of the health care law's minimum coverage requirement. That provision, commonly called the individual mandate, requires virtually all Americans to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty. The Court has set aside two hours for argument over whether Congress' passage of the individual mandate exceeded the legislature's powers to regulate interstate commerce or lay and collect taxes under Article I of the Constitution."

Obama Health Care Law: Supreme Court Sets Dates To Hear Oral Arguments

"WASHINGTON --
The main event will be on Tuesday, March 27, when the Court will take up the constitutionality of the health care law's minimum coverage requirement. That provision, commonly called the individual mandate, requires virtually all Americans to purchase health insurance or pay a penalty. The Court has set aside two hours for argument over whether Congress' passage of the individual mandate exceeded the legislature's powers to regulate interstate commerce or lay and collect taxes under Article I of the Constitution."

Obama Health Care Law: Supreme Court Sets Dates To Hear Oral Arguments

Will this "Main Event" on March 27, 2012 yield a same-day decision? I hope so, because the DECISION(s) from the Supreme Court is the main event...not the arguments. We've all heard both sides ad nauseam for 2 years now.
-ac

People think the 5 1/2 hours is all to debate constitutionality, but really it's like 1 1/2 hours, where they will also be debating if they should treat the fee as a tax, if the entire law is severable, those are going to be some tense times for both sides.

Back