Ted Cruz Going on Obamacare

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
So many questions come to mind...

I get it, he's running for Pres and wants the people to see his point that he's not exempt like other lawmakers from this Atrocity called the ACA.

2 questions jump to mind. First off why go through the DC Health link vs purchasing off market for a richer network?

Secondly, what SEP is he using to enroll after OE? Clearly because he has been railing against the law he can't claim the SEP that is currently available for those living under rocks. I'm sure we'd all like to know so we can use that SEP to enroll the rest of America outside of OE.

Ted Cruz going on Obamacare - CNN.com

His legal address is Texas, so he's going on the FFM.

Not sure if its in this article or not, but his wife is taking a leave of absence and they are on her company policy, so that creates the SEP.

Why he isn't going on the Senate Congressional Plan? Which I am sure is excellent coverage at a lower cost...no clue. I'll take "political stunt for $200 Alek."

His legal address is Texas, so he's going on the FFM.

It states in the article..."Under the Affordable Care Act, members of Congress and some designated congressional staffers are required to obtain health care coverage through the D.C. Health Link Small Business Market. "

So the FFM isn't where he's headed.

I guess you can enroll in SHOP Plans 365? Ahh wait..."Determine if your business has 50 or fewer employees and is eligible for SHOP" How can the Feds use the SHOP Program when they by far exceed the 50 employees?

Maybe I should have read the article, but I read about 6 yesterday. None of them said that.

He's got an SEP from the wife. But I would probably do COBRA ;)

Also, Unpaid leave for the duration of the senator's presidential campaign is not leaving\loosing her job. It goes on to state that she will not have access to benefits. Thus the unpaid leave isn't an SEP.

So back to my original question...what is the SEP that qualifies him to enroll?

Also, because of his ties to congress he doesn't use the FFM but the D.C. Health Link Small Business Market. Which has me questioning what Small Business he's associated with that qualifies him for that program.

It's actually Alex if you're referring to Alex Trebek.

Actually M&M, you're incorrect. The correct answer is:

Who Is George Alexander Trebek

:biggrin:

Back