Thank God It's Over Finally

YouGotMyMoney

Guru
5000 Post Club
Damn...insane OEP..

My little team of 20 agents put together 650 apps today - holy crap --- putting those through hcgov was a PITA.

This is a special OEP, likely to be the last one of it's kind - going to be a very interesting year going forward.

Please return me to the land of Pre-Obamacare 30% commission Self Employed (Real ones not these fake ass deadbeats who say they are) clients.

Congrats Mark. In NC, we had one carrier in 95% of the state and CMS was nice enough to send said carrier all of our existing UHC/Aetna clients directly to them to renew their plans. Said carrier was nice enough to pay us renewal rates on those new clients.

THe other carrier, Cigna, decided to drop comp to 0%.

For us, the only way to get fyc was to write someone new to the marketplace. Those weren't so easy to find.

The problem moving forward is that our ACA book of business will not be able to pay for premiums w/o subsidies; so we will lose all of them and start over building a book of people who can pay for whatever comes with Trump.

This could be the last ACA OEP we ever have, and healthcare.gov goes away.
I gladly did a total of 1 ACA yesterday

I figure I'll have to turnover my book 2 more times, to finally arrive at a policy that will be owned for more than 1 yr, and actually see those unicorns called renewals.

2018 = STM type products
2019 = Trump plans from Trump Insurance Company off the E-Trump Bigly Exchange

I agree, your clients who actually do have low income (not the millionaires on medicaid folks), will not be your clients in the future.

Proud of you all. You survived the nightmare one more year, and are ready to move into whatever system we have in the future. It will be disruption and change, paired with opportunity and hope, but any agent that has stood in this storm is more than capable of surviving and thriving in the next season.

Damn...insane OEP..

My little team of 20 agents put together 650 apps today - holy crap --- putting those through hcgov was a PITA.

This is a special OEP, likely to be the last one of it's kind - going to be a very interesting year going forward.

Please return me to the land of Pre-Obamacare 30% commission Self Employed (Real ones not these fake ass deadbeats who say they are) clients.

Congratulations! As far as I see, individual HI will now be a product for the upper income market.

Back