Trump Signs Executive Order to Ease Burden of Obamacare

What would be the numbers on people dropping ACA plans for STM seeing as how the penalty is gone...........

Quite a few, I would say. I had a number of clients whose income was above the unaffordable exemption, and were disappointed that they had to buy ACA compliant instead of STM. They will revert back. It will mostly be the young and the 400%+ who are healthy that does this, I would assume.

Quite a few, I would say. I had a number of clients whose income was above the unaffordable exemption, and were disappointed that they had to buy ACA compliant instead of STM.

So will you call them and give them the option or wait until they fall off the books.....

So will you call them and give them the option or wait until they fall off the books.....

I will make sure they are given the option immediately. But I will not coerce. My clients who chose ACA IFP over group or STM did so fully informed. I told them about the pre-ex, the penalty, the unaffordability exemption. I went through the unaffordability calculation with them, based on their income. At the next go-round we will go over pre-ex again --- fully. I will also tell them how many current GOP repeal/replace options contain pre-ex waits with waiver for prior continuous coverage, and to be considering that issue as well. I have no idea if pre-ex waiver with prior continuous coverage will be in the final bill, but I'm derelict in my duty to not mention it as a reasonable possibility.

I will not coerce. I will not "lead them" to a decision. Some will move to STM, because the fact that they did not qualify for an unaffordability exemption to the penalty was truly the only roadblock. Others had other roadblocks too, like maybe they weren't comfortable with STM having no outpt prescription coverage, no maternity, etc. Honestly, from a sales point, I don't need any coercion or pressure. There will be plenty of STM sales. Plenty is enough, and coercion for more is unnecessary. I'll take the "yes" and respect the "no" answers. And, it is possible that carriers will stop taking apps if/when the penalty is delayed, creating more STM or group sales. Plenty of sales. Plenty is enough for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong after Feb or March you can only sell a short term plan for 3 months so that would not be an option.

Correct me if I'm wrong after Feb or March you can only sell a short term plan for 3 months so that would not be an option.

It's April. However, that's a final rule before the enactment date, so it could easily be stopped. Don't think that's high priority for them, but just sayin'.

Back