TrumpCare Gutted. 60 Votes Now Needed for the Major Changes

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
"The Senate parliamentarian said Friday that major provisions of the Republican legislation would require 60 votes to advance, putting the already troubled legislation in further peril."

Key aspects that will require 60 votes:

- The plan to defund Planned Parenthood

- A provision that would restrict the use of tax credits for abortions.

- Getting rid of the essential health benefits for Medicaid in 2020.

- How the bill deals with cost-sharing subsidies

- The section that locks individuals out of the insurance marketplace for six months if they don't have continuous coverage.

- The medical loss ratio.

- The provision that allows states that haven't used all of their block grants for health coverage for non-health purposes.

- Changes to the Medicaid waiver system by prioritizing HCBS waivers.

- A provision that requires a report regarding CMS-64 and Transformed Medicaid Statistical Information System data.

* Regs for Association Plans for Small Businesses are still "under review".

GOP healthcare bill provisions violate Senate Byrd rules - Business Insider

Here is the full list:
https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Background on Byrd Rule decisions_7.21[1].pdf

No way they get 60 votes on all this. It seems that TrumpCare in its current form is dead.

Last edited:
Glad it's dead. They should be fired for wasting time coming up with something this bad.

As said before, pinche Trump.

Spicey's gone. LMFAO

TrumpCare ? more like Trump Don'tCare !Current proposed Plan hurts everyone that needs coverage-Seniors, Medicaid, and Nursing Home residents- appeals to those that wouldn't buy coverage anyway, like the young invincibles.

Does anyone believe that the insurance companies would return to pre-Obamacare pricing structures if it is repealed entirely ? It would be high premiums with less coverage, and they can pick and choose who to insure once again. The Bankruptcy Lawyers would do well too.:biggrin:

The amazing thing is that if the House and Senate were forced to give up their existing health plan and had to adopt the same health coverage as the "American People", you can bet there would have already been a solution and resolution to this.

The amazing thing is that if the House and Senate were forced to give up their existing health plan and had to adopt the same health coverage as the "American People", you can bet there would have already been a solution and resolution to this.

Yes. Quickest way to a something that will pay bills.

Friend is pissed that Quest charges $100 for what is normally a $20 test when processed in-network. He's going to let it go to collections then get a discount.

Perfect example of funny money as procedure pricing.

Personally I don't think they ever had a plan. Nor did they intend to make one, remember that the ACA was originally a Republican plan to begin with. It was just adopted by the Dems.

It was easier to use the opposition to the ACA as a rallying cry than actually create a replacement. They never expected to actually have to come up with a plan....and it bit them in the ass.

They also are weary of what happened after passage of the ACA. A lot of Democrats lost their seats then. They don't want to lose their seats now.

So it's better to half ass a plan than have no plan at all.

Yes. Quickest way to a something that will pay bills.

Friend is pissed that Quest charges $100 for what is normally a $20 test when processed in-network. He's going to let it go to collections then get a discount.

Perfect example of funny money as procedure pricing.

Years ago (pre ACA) I had an unexpected lapse in coverage which resulted in a $4k medical bill. I negotiated with the hospital and after some back and forth, the person actually told me that their "hard cost" was only $1k... and if I could pay $1,500, they would be in the black for the procedure... so that is a 260% markup just because it was running through all the bureaucratic layers that insurance requires.... or just because they can... who the hell really knows

Years ago (pre ACA) I had an unexpected lapse in coverage which resulted in a $4k medical bill. I negotiated with the hospital and after some back and forth, the person actually told me that their "hard cost" was only $1k... and if I could pay $1,500, they would be in the black for the procedure... so that is a 260% markup just because it was running through all the bureaucratic layers that insurance requires.... or just because they can... who the hell really knows

Quest hasn't negotiated. Unfortunately, my friend has good credit and the threat of not receiving $100 can't force the issue.

I think this video does a nice job of explaining the absurdity of hospital costs in a way the general public can understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back