The Two Different HC.gov App Interfaces...

dgoldenz

Virginia
Does anyone know why HC.gov seems to randomly select which application interface to use? One of them is so, so much faster than the other one...but I usually end up getting the slow one that has a million screens to go through. The fast one also requires SSN for every applicant but the slow one doesn't. Someone enlighten me please.

Does anyone know why HC.gov seems to randomly select which application interface to use? One of them is so, so much faster than the other one...but I usually end up getting the slow one that has a million screens to go through. The fast one also requires SSN for every applicant but the slow one doesn't. Someone enlighten me please.

Whenever I find someone who has an active 2016 application, or a pending 2017 application, I get the SHORT version. This is when going through the BROKER portal. Haven't used the consumer portal this year.

It depends when account was first created. If in 2014 or 15 then on old legacy crappy long app. If 16' or later, new streamline app. The two can't be merged. Your tax money at work

I'm only get the long form if they don't fit in the box. Child not on your tax return, Green cards, etc. Nothing to do with the application, but if there is a 2017 app when I get in there, I delete it anyway.

Saturday December 10, 2016

If you receive a "Failed To Validate Session" when HealthSherpa or ACAExpress hands you off to the Broker Portal for login, does that mean the Broker Portal is down? Can't even connect to it.

I've never gotten that error message, Allen.

Maybe you couldn't pick out all of the sushi pictures from the selections offered.

When I get an error message, I just clear my cache & start all over. Usually works.

I'm only get the long form if they don't fit in the box. Child not on your tax return, Green cards, etc. Nothing to do with the application, but if there is a 2017 app when I get in there, I delete it anyway.

I agree, at the beginning you have a few predetermination questions, and it is decided if you go short or long, based on situations listed above. I deal with a lot of green card, naturalized US citizens, so 90% of my apps go long way.

Back