UHC Continues Billing Issues

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
So I just recieved an email from a client that has an APTC for his fam of 6 that his bank account has been drafted 2 times in the amount of $ 1,616.20 each.

I call UHC and was told that his APTC wasn't applied to his monthly premium and that they would open a ticket to get it "resolved"...problem is they stated 7-15 days for them to get it resolved.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be a widespread issue or hopefully an isolated issue.

Anyone else running into this?

Yup widespread.

Consumers who are being ripped off like this (or have policies termed for non-payment even though they made it) need to call the Consumer Complaint phone line at the State DOI and file a complaint, if enough of them do this maybe the insurance companies will start to get the message.

Consumers who are being ripped off like this (or have policies termed for non-payment even though they made it) need to call the Consumer Complaint phone line at the State DOI and file a complaint, if enough of them do this maybe the insurance companies will start to get the message.

Health insurance is dead. Fix your own issues and get out of the ACA. Almost all carriers have stopped paying commissions during this SEP season.

Life and final expense is the way to go.

Health insurance is dead. Fix your own issues and get out of the ACA. Almost all carriers have stopped paying commissions during this SEP season.

Life and final expense is the way to go.

8 posts and you are an expert? Standards have come way down in these forums.

I tell each of my clients who is having a problem to file a complaint, it's the only recourse they have other than giving up.

Enjoy knocking on doors pushing seniors into buying overpriced life insurance, I don't need any advice from you to continue being successful.

I can't even view my issued/commissionable 2016 enrollments in the Broker Portal...WTH?

----------

I can't even view my issued/commissionable 2016 enrollments in the Broker Portal...WTH?

I'm hearing nothing but issues from associates. Billing problems certainly seem to be widespread.

Story of the morning is a 11/15 submission for 1/1 effective that took until 1/25 to process/approve. Binder check never processed. 2/1 bill not generated because it was approved after the bill date from the sounds of it. Group termed for non-pay back to 1/1. Broker spent 4 hours on the phone with an untold number of CSR's trying to get the account paid, just to be told 4 different amounts 4 different times with each saying the others are wrong.

Of course, they've been going to the doctor, paying out of pocket, and expecting to submit for reimbursement, because that's what the carrier instructed. If they don't make it active retro, they're all screwed out of that money.

Guess who gets the blame for that advice?

It's absolutely sickening how United healthcare deliberately sets up billing platforms and processes that are intentionally causing these kinds of issues. That's the only explanation is it's deliberate-they simply don't want the business so they are doing everything possible to **** on everybody. No other carrier has these issues.... None..... Let's say that again.... Not not a single other carrier as these issues on the same scale as United health care.

Latest posts

Back