United Health May "play" Next Year

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Please provide us another alternative !!

UnitedHealth may expand PPACA exchange effort | LifeHealthPro

UnitedHealth won’t have to make a final decision about 2015 exchange participation until September, Hemsley said.

But UnitedHealth now “has a bias to increase that participation in 2015,” according to Gail Boudreaux, an executive vice president at UnitedHealth. “The size of the overall market is positive.”

Perhaps the sickest Americans have already enrolled with another company and UHC will use its name recognition to attract healthier 2015 applicants.

Perhaps the sickest Americans have already enrolled with another company and UHC will use its name recognition to attract healthier 2015 applicants.

And all of the people annoyed with their current carriers because of billing/service issues will be looking for an alternative? And perhaps they delayed to get the infrastructure in place for 2015 instead of what we got from the 2014 carriers? Just my 2 cents.

I think uhc will come out like gangbusters in September, they will corner the market and grab the sales from Fl. blue. They are smart to stand back and watch the mess work itself out instead of ruining its reputation, or whats left of it. I cannot wait to see what they come out with.

They aren't even writing off HIX business in GA this year but have killer STM rates. They are big enough to do almost anything if they want. They will certainly have a leg up on all the carriers that jumped in this year and bought all the sick folks.

Obamacare will need about 3 years to find itself . . . unless it crashes and burns before 2016.

If anyone that sat out this year was smart, they would wait another year. If they really needed to get into the mix they would do everything they could not to be the lowest price or the benchmark plan. GR could easily be one of the best players (at least in IA) if they kept their network and priced just above bottom. This would leave all the price shoppers behind and capture the smarter shoppers that see the value in buying a more quality plan over a cheaper plan.

Our Blue Box stayed out this year too, I assume both did to clean up their risk pool; but if both GR and Blue jumped back into the mix, they would clean house. Take the 3rd and 4th pricing spot at the Silver level and keep their networks and they would attract the lower risk customers that are likely more responsible and in turn more reliable to stay on the books.

At this point I can't predict either way. Neither is giving hints and don't need to since we know everything can change drastically between now and September. Besides, Iowa just accepted the additional 2 year extension and most of my preACA book has already decided to stay on those plans. GR and Blue don't need the HIX business. Like I said, they would be smart to stay out for at least another year.

Not in CA, they are barred from selling any IFP in this state for 5 years as is Aetna. That is on or off exchange.

Please provide us another alternative !!

UnitedHealth may expand PPACA exchange effort | LifeHealthPro

UnitedHealth won’t have to make a final decision about 2015 exchange participation until September, Hemsley said.

If I recall correctly, initial QHP submissions are due by the end of May, right? So I guess we are to assume that they plan on filing QHP's at the very least, and deciding whether to withdraw in September?

It's not like they can just waltz in on 9/1 and submit QHP's for various exchanges......

I suppose (but don't know for sure) they could submit plans and then decide later they don't want to play.

Back