VALUE PENGUIN Info and Feedback

Regarding Tennessee:

Looks like we had some issues with the data, we'll have some corrections to that hopefully in the next day. I will update this thread once that is done.

AllenChicago:

What were you envisioning with regards to how you would use the tools? Would it be part of your website? We're considering releasing some simple apps that could plug into other websites once we've cleaned up our data.

Thanks for the feedback.

----------

Update: Tennessee is updated, we're still missing the plans for BCBS in TN but the other plans should all be there.

All the states are really on our priority list. The issue is getting access to the data. Right now Arkansas hasn't release enough data for us to reconstruct the premiums etc.

If anyone interested in additional states finds data they think we could incorporate please include it in this thread and we'll process it as soon as possible. You would not believe how difficult it is to find what should be public information!

On another note, I just finished updating with premium data for New Mexico, Nebraska and Montana. These states have limited benefits details, so while we know which plans are available where, and how much they will cost, we dont have a complete picture about deductibles, and cost sharing etc.

Value Penguin - Tennessee is working now. However, no plans for Humana are popping up. I put in three counties I know they will be participating in and nothing came up. I am sure you are updating as you gleen information.

Just wanted you to be aware in case that information had been put into your data. The three counties I selected where Davidson, Rutherford, and Chattanooga.

Great info.. nice to play around and see where the sweet spots may be. Thanks!

All the states are really on our priority list. The issue is getting access to the data. Right now Arkansas hasn't release enough data for us to reconstruct the premiums etc.

If anyone interested in additional states finds data they think we could incorporate please include it in this thread and we'll process it as soon as possible. You would not believe how difficult it is to find what should be public information!

On another note, I just finished updating with premium data for New Mexico, Nebraska and Montana. These states have limited benefits details, so while we know which plans are available where, and how much they will cost, we dont have a complete picture about deductibles, and cost sharing etc.

http://www.in.gov/idoi/HFAI.htm

Indiana's rate filings. The search is finicky. When searching just select individual and "new product" (I think this criterion is under advanced search).

Indiana has 4 marketplace companies.

I was looking through them the other day. It hurt.

I've been going through the indiana data today. I should hopefully have something up for the state by end of day tomorrow.

Update:

New York State is up and running now. It includes only the standard benefit plans for each insurer. There will likely be other non "standard" plans released by insurers going forward.

This site is great. Thank you. I still feel you need to add atleast one more kid line as those that lower incomes have more kids and premiums for a family are based up to 5 members

AllenChicago:

What were you envisioning with regards to how you would use the tools? Would it be part of your website? We're considering releasing some simple apps that could plug into other websites once we've cleaned up our data.
Mr. V.Penguin:
Thanks for asking.. I don't have a personal website. I plan on using your website to run quick quotes for individuals and families. Instead of using www.ehealthinsurance.com, www.ValuePenguin.com is much faster and straight forward. I can get through my big stack of "low-hanging fruit" leads much faster with ValuePenguin.

Example1: It's easier to type in a person's age than calculating a date of birth based on their age. Lots of quote engines today ask for xx/xx/xxxx DOB, which is stupid and consumes time. My telemarketer-generated leads just have ages...not DOB. With Value Penguin, you only ask for the age. (Kudos!)

Example2: If you need to change any of the personal information about the person/family being quoted on V.P., it can be done right there on the page and the $Premium results are updated instantly. No need to press a "modify quote" link which takes you back to some other page for making the modification. (Sweet!)

There are more smaller examples of how your website is superior to the larger web-brokers, and also the health insurance carriers sites, but those two above examples are what I appreciate the most.

By the way, if you can develop a stand-alone quoting application which can be downloaded to our P.C.'s/Laptops and updated via the internet, that would be awesome. So would an Android / I-Phone Mobile quoting application. Most of my interactions are face-to-face and are not always in nice places. I'd like to be able to whip something out, give a quick quote, hand over my business card and say, "call me for an appointment." Right now, I can do the business-card part, but am unable to run a quick quote while shopping, at a party, dinner, etc.. It would be ultra easy with a Value Penguin Android app. Naturally, I don't expect it to be free!
;)

ac

Back