VALUE PENGUIN Info and Feedback

I'm surprised Allen doesn't like it.

Well, ValuePenguin isn't perfect, YAgents. I'd like to see a link to the In-Network providers for each plan because I'll be picking the low-hanging fruit (folks with medical conditions) when our exchange comes online. Mr. V.Penguin is talented and dedicated, but linking to each plan's medical provider network is asking for too much, don't you think?
-ac

Mr. V.Penguin is talented and dedicated, but linking to each plan's medical provider network is asking for too much, don't you think?
-ac

not when its free... this is not his main knowledge point as hes not an insurance agent... feel free to buck up and lay out the cash...

next, since norvax came to the card table with their on and off exchange quoter not much need for a penguin when you have a gorilla.... although norvax indicated when I signed the contract 2 weeks ago the on exchange may/will be delayed till nov.

me thinks some are wanting a free quoter... boys, this is the big time, pay the fee to norvax

Norvax told me they hope to have quotes for on exchange available, just not the ability to click and apply for subsidies through your proposal for at least a month.

Currently we do not have great details with regards to the provider network. This is mostly due to the insurance companies themselves not releasing the data. Anthem for instance will have a different network for on-exchange plans vs off-exchange plans and we wanted any data to be accurate.

Even when we've contacted the insurance companies themselves, it hasn't been particularly fruitful as most of the representatives are shocked we have as much data as we do.

Our hope is that we will eventually be able to include this information for consumers, since its likely to be a big point of differentiation between plans. We're currently in wait and see mode to see how the data rolls out in the next month.

We've added the ability to embed our comparison tools as an iframe widget on other websites. Each state page has a tab "Embed This Widget" that will have the appropriate instructions for embedding the comparison tool.

Value Penguin, I see you're busy updating the remaining states at ValuePenguin | Insuring Your Decisions With Data with full quoting capability.

With so many problems afflicting healthcare.gov, ehealth and the others, your timing is perfect and greatly appreciated! Thank-you.

Note to forum: If the Value Penguin website does not show your state as being "quotable", click on it anyway. Coloring in the states is likely a low priority at this time. I think he's working from East to West.

ac

Norvax will consistently over promise and under deliver. There is no way they will link up to subsidized federal exchange plans by Nov. 15th. No way ! They like to string clients along forever promising them quoting abilities that never materialize. Good luck everybody with them. Sorry Tater, they are obviously not my favorite company.

Great Site..
Adding your sources/references will bring more confidence to the data, however, that may help your competition.

Monti
BestInsLeads.Com

Thanks for the feedback on the sources, we'll be adding them when we have some downtime.

I'll try and update the map and links soon, its been an overwhelming day. We've been concentrating on getting benefit information up and running but its a very tedious manual process.

Back