VALUE PENGUIN Info and Feedback

Are you kidding? With all the business you claim to write and you have time to worry about the penguin and logos? Get a life dude.

whoa, who pissed in your cheerios.

Guess what Pal.. Value Penguin is committing trademark infringement by using unauthorized BCBS logos. They have NO AFFLILIATION with BCBS in PA yet felt the need to use the trademark. I can tell you if Highmark knew what Value Penguin was doing they would have their legal department send a letter.

I claim to write? Hardly... I work my balls off and my numbers speak for themselves.

I have a very accurate favorite calculator. Minus the glitch that no tobacco use rates show, the "See plans before you buy" feature right there on the front page of the Healthcare.gov site works great. It is within $1 of rates/subsidies when I use it. The calculator rounds up to next $.
Sold many the plan with it. Take the subsidy estimate, subtract from the tobacco rate on carrier websites, good stuff. Also shows the deductibles and cost sharing on Silver plans.
You can print the list of plans, too, with rates and copays, OOP, deductible.

October 27, 2014

This article says that Value Penguin is now displaying 2015 premiums.
Link: Obamacare 2015 prices revealed before election by ValuePenguin - Washington Times

But, when I go to: Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Health Insurance Exchanges , his premiums are exactly the same as what I show at the Illinois carrier websites...that is, 2014 premiums.

Maybe those of you in states that aren't on Obama's leash will have better success.
ac

2014 rates still showing for SC, NC and GA...

I just ran some quotes for different county's in Florida, the same as 2014, so I would not rely on the article.

I'll go straight to the horse's mouth and find out if he's going to put the 2015 premiums up this week. Thanks for the feedback PQ and BD.
ac

October 27, 2014

This article says that Value Penguin is now displaying 2015 premiums.
Link: Obamacare 2015 prices revealed before election by ValuePenguin - Washington Times

But, when I go to: Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Health Insurance Exchanges , his premiums are exactly the same as what I show at the Illinois carrier websites...that is, 2014 premiums.

Maybe those of you in states that aren't on Obama's leash will have better success.
ac

2014 plans still listed for Florida and Georgia

I'll go straight to the horse's mouth and find out if he's going to put the 2015 premiums up this week. Thanks for the feedback PQ and BD.
ac
Response from Value Penguin regarding status of 2015 Premium Uploads...

"Allen, we have it in select states at this moment. I had communicated that to the Washington Times previously. We’re continuing to add more as we get more data. I’m planning to update the ppaca/exchanges pages to highlight which ones are available currently. Off the top of my head we have California, Ohio, Virginia, Rhode Island, Oregon, Washington and a few others. Not all the plan benefits are there yet so we’re still waiting for some. You should see a toggle that says “2015 preview” when the state has it available.

The rates we have are from the filings the insurers have submitted from each state. Not all of them are fully approved so some may change as we approach open enrollment. We’re continuing to update this stuff as we go along."

ac

----------

Click on State of Interest: Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Health Insurance Exchanges

It seems that VPenguin is making good on their promise.. CA, NY, CA, OH, and perhaps other states, are now showing 2014 and 2015 premiums AND subsidy amounts. You can "toggle" between the two years.
ac

Back