VALUE PENGUIN Info and Feedback

ValuePenguin

Expert
This was originally posted in the Obamacare Resources thread. It was suggested that I start a new thread to make it easier to receive feedback, as well as update potential interested parties in updates.

We've built a pretty detailed tool that outlines the different plan, actual rates and availability at the county / zip code level for 11 of the 50 states so far and are adding more daily.

You can browse our available states at valuepenguin.com/ppaca/exchanges/ (It seems that I cant post a link on the forum)

We'd love some feedback regarding what we've provided thus far, and hope the tools are useful to this community.

Currently we have the following states available:

California
Colorado
Connecticut
District of Columbia
Maine
Minnesota
Ohio
Oregon
South Dakota
Tennessee
Vermont

States with Partial Data:
Montana
New Mexico
New York
Nebraska

We intend to add all 50 states assuming the data becomes available as well as provider lists and additional information where available. If anyone has any thoughts about useful info, please let us know in this thread.

We'd like to make this a resource for anyone interested to use. All we ask is that people help get the word out and link to it if they decide to use it as a resource for clients or as a databank for anything they decide to publish.

Last edited:
We'd love some feedback regarding what we've provided thus far, and hope the tools are useful to this community.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: http://www.ValuePenguin.com/

Hey Mr. V.P., I see you've come a long way in just a few weeks. You have not only corrected the Subsidy calculations, but have enhanced this tool by adding specific Regionalized Calculations within each state. Outstanding!

Do you have plans for offering a paid-subscription version once there are enough tools, charts and calculators onboard? I could see myself using this at the Point-of-Sale, or just running a quick analysis, or data look-up with a prospect on the phone.
Once again, Great job and Thanks for ValuePenguin | Insurance, Decisions, Value !

-Allen

This looks great. I would add more slots for children though. You are 3 children short for me lol

You have done a great job, and you seem to understand the needed data more than most! Congrats.

You have done an excellent job on the site. I could not get the rater for TN to roll out numbers for me but it might just be me or my computer.

I am in Tennesse as well, and I could not get it to roll to the rater for Tennessee as well.

I also tried using chrome and firefox to see if either of those would give results.

Nope to all. Just an fyi.

Looks very helpful. Great Job.

Very nice job, easy to use.

I look forward to each of the states being listed, this will be an excellent tool for both myself and my clients.

Back