Virginia Lawsuit SMACKED!

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
:no:I feel like I'm watching a tennis match

4th Circuit Appeals Court Rejects Virginia, Liberty University Challenges To Health Law - Kaiser Health News

The Virginia case, brought by state Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, was considered one of the highest profile health law challenges to the health law. In its opinion, issued today, the court ruled that the state does not have standing to challenge the law's individual mandate because it lacks "a personal stake." The appellate court also concluded that Liberty University's challenge should be dismissed.
The Hill: "A federal appeals court today dismissed one of the highest-profile challenges to President Obama's healthcare reform law. The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals said Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli does not have a legal right to sue over the law's requirement that most people buy insurance. The court vacated a lower court's ruling in the case and instructed the lower court to dismiss the suit" (Baker, 9/8).
Politico: "Delivering a two-pronged win to the Obama administration, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals said Virginia has no right to challenge the law's requirement that nearly all Americans buy insurance. The court also said effectively that Liberty University couldn't challenge the law before the mandate goes into effect.
The legal victories might not provide the administration with much political ammunition against the law’s critics, though, since the rulings didn’t focus on the merits of the law" (Haberkorn, 9/8).

Doesn't really matter. In 26 states, it has been ruled unconstitutional.

All this really means is that it will be in the Supreme Courts hands to decide. I don't think that believe has changed since the day it passed.

Dan

Back