Which is the best healthcare option for American [VOTE]

• Obamacare

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Trump/Ryan Care

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Rand Paul's Repeal & Replace

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
All very good questions. They tax income to finance and set a minimum "basket of coverages". But people pay for increased coverages and out of pocket copay a, coinsurances, etc. Over utilization I'm not sure about, but I'm sure it is something they deal with. But what's is important to remember is that you can upgrade your coverage based on your needs.

The link below is a comprehensive analyses of the Israeli system and comparison to our system.

http://brookdale.jdc.org.il/_Uploads/PublicationsFiles/130-10-Healthcare-US-Israel-1-REP-ENG.pdf

The israeli system assumed doctors would be ok with this, in America, they are semi-contemplating not accepting Medicare, Obamacare networks etc.

The israeli system assumed doctors would be ok with this, in America, they are semi-contemplating not accepting Medicare, Obamacare networks etc.

Right. Thus the incentive in Israel to upgrade your coverage to get better doctor access or expansive formulary or whatever else would fit your needs.

Right. Thus the incentive in Israel to upgrade your coverage to get better doctor access or expansive formulary or whatever else would fit your needs.

Then how is it different from Obamacare? People with low incomes have medicaid and subsidies both from small networks, and people who can afford good stuff have a better plan. I understand the need for agency consolidation, but medicaid is already bloated and unaffordable, combining that into an average national healthcare plan will increase costs and allow for no tinkering to the plan because of politics, at least while it's on its own we can attempt to figure out cost-savings and attempt to change it...

Trying to compare the US with 320 million people vs any other country, including Canada (35M), Australia (23M) and any of the European countries ranging from 82M (Germany) to Gibraltar (29k) is there is no comparison. Canada doesn't have one plan, it has 10.

The tax structure is completely different in most (all?) of Europe as well due to VAT which we don't have here but the Dims want to add it on top of our other taxes, not replacing other forms of revenue.

If Americans were willing to pay $20/gallon for gasoline and $7 for a Big Mac we could have "free" everything like they do.

I assume poor people in those countries do not drive cars or eat Big Macs, but I could be wrong.[/QUO

I am a dual citizen of the Republic Of Ireland which like the above mentioned countries has a view that Healthcare is a right of citizenship from there it gets messy--lots of private supplemental care plans you can buy$$ Gov is encouraging medical tourism to save$$$ Thailand Panama Hungry you name it--Perfect? anything but-- that said no one from Ireland I know or from the above mentioned countries would want to have our current Healthcare system. The cost is less than half what we spend per citizen--also they live longer and there infant mortality rate is lower.. Perfect? Hell no--My take? They have no fee for service thus no incentive to over treat for Financial gain, also they give greater scopes of practice to Medical paraprofessionals( Pharmacists Nurses therapists and most important BARTENDERS ha ha) hence lower cost less consumption of all medical services would it work here??? IDK...P.S I am very proud of my US citizenship I wore the uniform of this GREAT country so please no posts about me going back were I came from!

I just visited friends in Atlanta who have dual citizenship and are French. Per my friend, we do not want the French system.

Re: the VA, I didn't say to shut it down completely but to have it provide only specialty services not available in the private sector. I prefer the strategy of taking care of our troops by not sending them out to get blown up on missions that have no reason for being undertaken and no possibility of success. We seem to like war judging by how much of it we undertake.

We can lower premiums by having everyone covered. It is simple arithmetic and politically unacceptable. I'm putting those that can pass underwriting on FB HDHP and getting to write groups for when ACA blows up probably next year.

We already are seeing dual systems. It is common for the wealth(ier) to pay a flat fee annually yo the Doc that entitles them to preferential treatment. I observed this while visiting a gated community in FL that had a bunch of rich old white guys living there. Money always buys stuff and should. The question is what is (or is there) the minimum that people should have.

Then how is it different from Obamacare? People with low incomes have medicaid and subsidies both from small networks, and people who can afford good stuff have a better plan. I understand the need for agency consolidation, but medicaid is already bloated and unaffordable, combining that into an average national healthcare plan will increase costs and allow for no tinkering to the plan because of politics, at least while it's on its own we can attempt to figure out cost-savings and attempt to change it...

No. Forget all the programs Obamacare, Medicare Medicaid chip and everything else. Cover people for minimum basic coverage plans and let the market do its thing.

No. Forget all the programs Obamacare, Medicare Medicaid chip and everything else. Cover people for minimum basic coverage plans and let the market do its thing.

Is not the high cost of Healthcare due to the care of the very old, the disabled and the chronically ill ?? Is not custodial nursing the engine that drives most of Medicaid's high costs in all 50 states? Treating those populations with a fee for service, for profit (no different from a car dealership) the more you do the more you make$$ is fiscal insanity. Allowing Medical providers to surcharge younger folks to pay for the already profitable treatment of above mentioned populations is really stupid and incredibly naïve. Everyone wants to be an advocate on this forum and no one wants to be an accountant. Crunch the numbers due the Arithmetic and proof me wrong!!

We Insured some Israel citizens who worked in Mexico and they told us their Israeli system is really good... but they were not covered at all outside Israel

Back