Which is the best healthcare option for American [VOTE]

• Obamacare

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Trump/Ryan Care

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Rand Paul's Repeal & Replace

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
Im with Bob, Israel has less than 3% of our population in the size of Jersey. There are no price ranges in an area that small compared to the different size economies in America.

I honestly don't follow the logic behind this. We know health coverage is more expensive in rural areas but the way to drive that down, per capita, is to cover everyone and community rate. Saying there would not be disparities in pricing would not be accurate. Look at Medicare part c plans.

To the larger point, carriers could still be regulated by the states. However, I think moving that over to the Feds would be prudent for two reasons 1. The commerce clause supersedes due to the origin of funds and 2. Federal initiatives should be held accountable by voters at the federal level.

I honestly don't follow the logic behind this. We know health coverage is more expensive in rural areas but the way to drive that down, per capita, is to cover everyone and community rate. Saying there would not be disparities in pricing would not be accurate. Look at Medicare part c plans.

To the larger point, carriers could still be regulated by the states. However, I think moving that over to the Feds would be prudent for two reasons 1. The commerce clause supersedes due to the origin of funds and 2. Federal initiatives should be held accountable by voters at the federal level.

that in lays the problem, what federal agency or program is held accountable by voters? I will wait...

Uh, that only works if there is only one carrier.

All roads lead to a single payor solution. We are already on a single payor system. The only differences are:
- How many layers are involved
- How medical services are received
- Which pocket we pay for it out of
- And what we call those payments

Maybe that single payor is a single insurance carrier, maybe its the Feds, or a combo of the two. Right now we call it by 10 different names depending on who you are.

Last edited:
$5,000 out of pocket 100% plan. Everyone enrolled. Perhaps copay plan for those making under $xxx. Paid with a payroll tax. Option to buy underwritten supplement and fund an HSA.

How about a combination FreeMarket-Medicare-Medicaid system for America.

I thought we already had that...sorta

----------

$5,000 out of pocket 100% plan. Everyone enrolled. Perhaps copay plan for those making under . Paid with a payroll tax. Option to buy underwritten supplement and fund an HSA.

Yeah that's a disaster considering 63% of Americans don't have enough savings to cover a $500 emergency.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maggie...avings-to-cover-a-500-emergency/#66c550484e0d

This one says $400...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/

Back