We’ve Reset Your HealthCare.gov Password

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Recently, you may have heard about a new internet security weakness, known as Heartbleed, which is impacting some websites. HealthCare.gov uses many layers of protections to secure your information and we’ve recently enhanced our systems to add additional protections. While there’s no indication that the Heartbleed vulnerability has been used against HealthCare.gov or that any personal information has ever been at risk, we have reset consumers’ passwords out of abundance of caution.

This means the next time you visit the website, you’ll need to create a new password. We strongly recommend you create a unique password – not one that you’ve already used on other websites.

How to reset your password

Use the online Forgot Password feature
Enter your username and click “Send email”
Wait for the “Forgot Marketplace Password” email we’ll send you to create a new password for your account

Here are some password tips and information about managing your HealthCare.gov account. For additional information about the Heartbleed vulnerability, please visit HealthCare.gov/heartbleed.

The HealthCare.gov Team

It has been a nightmare getting clients to do that. It's not all their fault, some are entering information that we know is correct and the system doesn't accept. It is a lot easier to just call.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

This is really going to hurt us down the line. It took so much effort and time to get these accounts created and now for many folks they will be useless. They won't remember their email address and password used to create the account in the first place. So where do they send a temp password to? A box they can't even view?

This is really going to hurt us down the line. It took so much effort and time to get these accounts created and now for many folks they will be useless. They won't remember their email address and password used to create the account in the first place. So where do they send a temp password to? A box they can't even view?

You have got it. "I can't find the stuff I wrote down" is pretty popular too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

I wonder if the password change was required by DHS? They were the ones that told Microsoft to issue a fix for IE 6 and later including a patch for XP.

Not only did they reset everyone's password, but each individual is required to remember and input the 3 security questions they used (favorite food, etc). On top of that, the HC rep told me that 50-75% of those security questions are not working/getting rejected, and the client must call HC.gov to "unlock" their account, and have a temporary password sent to their email (which bypasses the need to remember/input the 3 security questions).

I feel sorry for those of you who predominantly did exchange business. About 1/3rd or 100 of my apps were on exchange. If you don't get ahead of this, you can count on a nightmare come November with long hold times again. I suggest you have your clients call sooner rather than later while there are NO hold times at HC.gov.

Not only did they reset everyone's password, but each individual is required to remember and input the 3 security questions they used (favorite food, etc). On top of that, the HC rep told me that 50-75% of those security questions are not working/getting rejected, and the client must call HC.gov to "unlock" their account, and have a temporary password sent to their email (which bypasses the need to remember/input the 3 security questions).

I feel sorry for those of you who predominantly did exchange business. About 1/3rd or 100 of my apps were on exchange. If you don't get ahead of this, you can count on a nightmare come November with long hold times again. I suggest you have your clients call sooner rather than later while there are NO hold times at HC.gov.

You say get ahead of this....but whose to say something else doesn't come up before Nov 15th and we have to do it all over again?

I'm just gonna take it as it comes....to heck with it. I don't know a way yet to get this done. A.) Expediently and B.) Compliantly. So I just wont go there.

Back