What Happens if You Don't Submit Additional Info to Healthcare.gov?

drnoitall33

I have some clients who are very low income, not really invested in their healthcare etc... when the subsidy eligibility says "what to do next" and they want either a paystub, w2, etc. by February... what happens if they just don't submit?

I've had clients with Greencards who did not submit the photocopies, and they're plan was cancelled without any notice back in September. It was a nightmare getting that fixed!

I've also had clients NOT submit pay information (but have SSN's, are citizens, etc.) and had no issues with the plans at all.

Just curious as it seems with the citizenship docs, they can and will cancel your plan, but haven't seen the repercussions yet of not submitting pay info.

(and to clarify, I always give them the resources required to submit the info either to me or hc.gov, but as I'm sure you all know people are not always the brightest!!)

It appears they basically did nothing this year if income info wasn't submitted.

In theory, just like the citizenship, subsidy can be revoked if requested proof is not submitted. In reality, it looks like they just didn't have the resources to follow through.

I know agents who say the subsidy was revoked for clients who did not send in documentation.

I've heard agents saying that sending in ANYTHING has resulted in not having a subsidy revoked. In other words, send in something. Probably what is happening is that they don't have the staff to handle 4 million documents before the year runs out (which means that anyone who sent in a document didn't have their subsidy revoked, and it will be reconciled at tax-filing time).

It appears they basically did nothing this year if income info wasn't submitted.

In theory, just like the citizenship, subsidy can be revoked if requested proof is not submitted. In reality, it looks like they just didn't have the resources to follow through.

Whoa......oh no! Do not believe this folks.....I've had clients dropped for not sending in income docs and immigration docs!

you are wrong on this one as you are in a state exchange... here in the ffm no submitte no goodie... plan termed or striped of obamabucks

They just TERMED my clients....BOOM! Didn't even give them the option of paying full price!!!

Was that a term for immigration documents only, which is an eligibility question?

For income verification, all that should have been termed was the subsidy. Was the policy termed for income verification too?

Was that a term for immigration documents only, which is an eligibility question?

For income verification, all that should have been termed was the subsidy. Was the policy termed for income verification too?

In addition, were they termed on day 91 like the law said, or termed 8-10 months down the line?

You guys are right, I'm not an FFM. I'm going off of all of the news articles from September or so (From Kaiser, NY Times, etc) about how half a million subsidies still required info from day one, 9 months later, and they were finally going to really cut off subsidies if they didn't get income proof.

In Michigan, not sure if there's a difference here, but the clients who did not submit proof of projected income and they were asked to submit by last June-(at least that's what I recall with not getting up and digging it out), they all just received letters last week and the prior week to state that they would lose the subsidy. Prior to this happening, I forewarned them to get that info in...not like they weren't warned. Those types of clients I can do without. It's not hard to send in a projection.

There was nothing else added in the letters I've seen. Just that they will now lose their subsidy.

Back