What is HealthCare.gov Doing to Us?

Painting with a wide brush aren't you? I talk to both ends of the political and economic spectra. Their objectives are the same and they have similar values of right vs wrong. They differ primarily on methodology especially at the implementation level.

Unfortunately some expect others to give them a fish while others say "get your own damned fish" without acknowledging that the other person has never fished, doesn't know how to fish, may not be near water and doesn't have a fishing pole.

I have a friend who tells his story of being born poor in coal country, joining the air force, being flown out to CA, graduating from college and making most of his money selling phone cards to Mexicans. He doesn't like Mexicans (his words, not mine.) He also wants smaller government and thinks he did everything.

What he doesn't admit is he was fortunate to go into the service in 1959. That was during the cold war with Russia. The neat thing about a cold war is that he didn't get sent to someplace like Nam and get his ass shot or worse. Next, he sucked off the (government) GI bill and went to school. He happened to be living in a place (CA) we took from Mexico and there were guess what? Yes,Mexicans living in Mexico using phone cards at a time when phone cards had a huge profit margin. He said all of this while using the community (ie government) pool and exercise facility.

QUOTE]

Shame on you.. Big dif someone serving in the military and using the benefits he earned than someone who refuses to work and working the system

fortunate to go into the service in 1959

The draft existed in 1959. While he may have volunteered, more likely he was "forced" to join the armed services.

We had troops in Korea and Vietnam in 1959.

Don't EVER compare Vet's to freeloaders who have not EARNED a right to government assistance!

QUOTE]

Shame on you.. Big dif someone serving in the military and using the benefits he earned than someone who refuses to work and working the system[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a big difference. AND this guy acts like he's the Great One because he did bla, bla, bla. The fact is that he was fortunate. A few years later and he could have been one of the 50,000 that died at the behest of higher ups and accomplished nothing. He is racist while saying that he is loving at the same time begrudging others who are essentially just trying to make it. Like I said, born on 3rd and thinks he hit a home run.

Shame on you.. Big dif someone serving in the military and using the benefits he earned than someone who refuses to work and working the system

Yes, there is a big difference. AND this guy acts like he's the Great One because he did bla, bla, bla. The fact is that he was fortunate. A few years later and he could have been one of the 50,000 that died at the behest of higher ups and accomplished nothing. He is racist while saying that he is loving at the same time begrudging others who are essentially just trying to make it. Like I said, born on 3rd and thinks he hit a home run.

Just because your friend in particular was racist and arrogant does not mean that Veterans who served faithfully in exchange for pay & benefits should be deprecated for accepting their pay and benefits. They also deserve honor. The only thing in your story that are "wrongs" are his racist attitude toward Mexicans and his arrogance. Being a vet is not wrong. Being a vet during the cold war where he did not go through Vietnam is not wrong. Getting an education from the GI bill is not wrong. Selling phone cards with a profit margin is not wrong. Making a large income from hard work is not wrong. Actually those things are commendable. If only he could have carried through without racism and arrogance, it sounds like he was a top gentlemen and an honor to our country.

Here is your true poem for the day:

Client owns UHC on Marketplace.
Client is late but goes on to MC and Med Supp for 9/1/16
Client gives me permission to term UHC policy finally on 8/26.
Marketplace requires 15 day advance notice.
Earliest term date 9/10/16.
Told client to just pay up to 8/30, and not pay the bill for the 10 days.($35)
Let it lapse with non payment, as per the law.
Client says UHC sent bill to bill collector.

If Marketplace allowed next day terminations, this wouldn't have been a problem.

Client says UHC sent bill to bill collector.

I've heard a lot of stories of carriers threatening to send it to collections, but can't recall ever hearing about a collection agency actually trying to enforce it.

It's basically impossible to collect on, they have no right. Non-payment just results in termination back to the paid-to date.

They're just hoping into scaring the policyholder into paying for something they don't have to, that benefits them in no way, just so they can throw some extra dollars at their bottom line.

Back