What Will Happen with the Ind. Health Market for Agents and Brokers?

5starfinancialhealth

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What will happen? Will limited meds be the next ''big'' thing? or will the reform turn limited med plans like assurants fixed benefit plan into just another unnecessary ''sales'' product like a vacation package?

Im a concerned agent thinking about exiting the industry, My employer was saying that everything will be fine and that the limited medical products are the way of the future.

What will commissions look like?
Will business boom? or the opposite?
I need answers! lol:err:

Until Health and Human Services describes what can legally be sold (or not be sold) as a Major Med, Near Major Med, Mini Med, noone can definitively answer your question about the individual market.

However, now that Obama is reelected, the rulings on these issues will start flowing from HHS in short order, it's being reported.
-ac

What will happen? Will limited meds be the next ''big'' thing? or will the reform turn limited med plans like assurants fixed benefit plan into just another unnecessary ''sales'' product like a vacation package?

Im a concerned agent thinking about exiting the industry, My employer was saying that everything will be fine and that the limited medical products are the way of the future.

What will commissions look like?
Will business boom? or the opposite?
I need answers! lol:err:

If you sell mini meds in 2014, the client still has to pay the penalty. That should go over well....not

My competitor EHTH (kind of), is up 9% today in a down market. Seems to me there is plenty of room for agents selling major medical to make money.

I don't see how the limited med market is going to stay around.

The people that take those plan now can qualify for a subsidized plan through an exchange. They will pay no more than 9.5% of house hold income toward the premium.

So I would say you are going to have to shift gears.

Back