Where Do We Go from Here? POLL

Where do we go from here? POLL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see single payer within a few years. The republitards don't have the nads nor the votes to actually repeal. They're more concerned about keeping their majority than doing what's right for us.

Rick

:swoon:WAKE UP....NEITHER PARTY CARES ABOUT YOUR BEST INTERESTS:swoon:

----------

i agree with rick here.

The insurance carriers may want and may strongly support single-payer in a medicare-like system allowing them to sell expensive, high-profit supplements where the the risk-to-premium-dollar is low, and where they can sell with less cost online or direct without 'expensive' agents.

The above is not my analysis. I work in m&a and i heard this yesterday when speaking to a mid-level executive who is with one of the mega-carriers.

in other words....gossip!;)

Since Obamacare started insurance for all, no underwriting and subsidies the die was cast for single payer. It is inevitable, let the GOP craft it and own it and move on. Otherwise nothing is going to be done and all Trump's agenda will be stymied. Tired of the lackluster republican that are totally useless

The only people more useless than republicans are democrats. And visa-versa.

Rick

Replacement failed, repeal failed even more catastrophically. The administration has stated they're giving up and are just going to sit back and wait for it to fail so there's more support for repeal/replace.

I don't think it will fail, so the only conclusion is that we maintain the status-quo and nothing much happens.

Replacement failed, repeal failed even more catastrophically. The administration has stated they're giving up and are just going to sit back and wait for it to fail so there's more support for repeal/replace.

I don't think it will fail, so the only conclusion is that we maintain the status-quo and nothing much happens.

IT ALREADY HAS FAILED!:yes:

Students........what we have here is a far left comment, followed by a far right comment.

The right defines a fail as prices doubling and carrier options dwindling from 14 down to 1.

The left defines success as survival, by having at least 1 option, and huge APTC to offset the premium doubling.

You decide.

----------

And, I think it's cute that there's some folks who are hopeful for the smell of bipartisanship.

The Republicans had a few years to put together a workable plan and they didn't do it. It was easier to rally the troops with "Repeal and Replace" then to actually think about crafting a workable plan.

Now they can't do much of anything. The ACA grows in popularity as does a one payer system and I seriously doubt any politician will risk their job to "repeal and replace" after seeing what happened to the Democrats shortly after passage of the ACA.

What will happen is that in about a month the Republicans will approach the Democrats to save face with offers to fix the issues with the ACA. And it does need some fixes, on that we all agree.

As it gets close to the midterms they will have a bill that does address some of the issues. The Dems claim victory because they "saved and improved" the bill. The Republicans claim a partial victory because they "fixed" the bill.

Getting congress to do anything will be a major victory in itself.

That's politics and has nothing to do with what we agents want. That being said...I still expect to see single payer in my lifetime.

Back