White House Quietly Sends $500 Million to IRS for ACA Enforcement.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Today, the White House quietly slipped a half a billion dollars "under the table" to the Internal Revenue Service. This will help empower the IRS to enforce the Individual Mandate along with new taxes and fees, come 2014.

White House Moves $500 Million To IRS For Health Law Implementation - Kaiser Health News

Don't expect to see any announcements or newsletters on www.healthcare.gov about the IRS's role in the Affordable Care Act.

This huge $500 million dollar transfer of funds is another demonstration of the disdain and disregard this administration has towards the Supreme Court and the American Taxpayer's money.

If major parts of the ACA are overturned, it's just taxpayer money down the drain. The above article says that government agencies are burning through implementation money they receive at a breakneck pace.
-AC

October 29, 2013

The HealthCare.gov I.T. problems are an annoyance, but the impending Internal Revenue Service I.T. sanfus will have to potential to RUIN LIVES.

"Get ready for another big blow to the president’s signature healthcare reform law, known as Obamacare. The Internal Revenue Service—which will be responsible for implementing 46 new tax penalties and verifying millions of dollars in subsidies-- cannot ensure the security of more than 306,000 IT assets worth up to $720 million. A new report from the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) found the embattled agency does not have proper oversight over its information technology programs, leaving sensitive data at risk."

Story: How IRS Incompetence Can Bring Down Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

An IRS armed with faulty data is more than dangerous. I'd rather have an unguided army tank rumbling around town.
ac

Back