Why This Family Struggled to Secure Health Insurance Under Obamacare for Their 4-Year-Old Son

:D Thank you for the kind words Mary. We are all angry and frustrated at the situation we are dealing with. However, if we allow that to cloud our thought process the deductive reasoning and problem solving skills we have won't allow us to fix the issues.

As another poster put it they should have had an agent to help. The initial application was no doubt jacked which contributed to this consumers issues.

----------

EVERY child had to go through denial? Expansion AND Non-expansion states?

I have a ton of families, getting subsidies, that made enough so they weren't thrown to CHIPS/Medicaid.

They were in the under 400% FPL and didn't qualify for CHIPS? Also, SC didn't expand Medicaid: SC Medicaid

Maybe it was the demographic we encountered in the 20 states we do business in.

I have a ton of families, getting subsidies, that made enough so they weren't thrown to CHIPS/Medicaid.

Personally, I haven't had anyone that did not have to go through that process first. A few were denied on Medicaid/CHIPS and then could get on the marketplace. Some just chose to get an OFF Exchange plan and not go through all of that.

wow... i got a lot of kids covered without denied of medicaid/chips first.... not a ton but several... the line in texas is about 60K or so family 4

I've got a lot of self-employed: $40K or so profit; gotta go through the Medicaid/CHIPS first. It is certainly a pain for all parties involved.

I've got a lot of self-employed: $40K or so profit; gotta go through the Medicaid/CHIPS first. It is certainly a pain for all parties involved.

I think the line was at $50K ($60?) for a family of 4 in Dallas. Their kids never got sent to CHIPS.

Neither here nor there, just pointing out that you could get a kids subsidy without being sent to CHIPS

My families between 300% and 400% FPL have all members approved for subsidy/coverage on-exchange.

Some states are CHIP buy-in Medicaid expansion combos. Hard to explain.

But suffice it to say that where ACA ObamaScrew is concerned, it's wrong for any of us to assume that our experience is what every agent should be experiencing. It causes a head shake when I see forum members naively proclaim something as "gospel", just because it's their experience. There's nothing uniformly standardized with the ACA, except emotional and financial P-A-I-N.

My families between 300% and 400% FPL have all members approved for subsidy/coverage on-exchange.

Some states are CHIP buy-in Medicaid expansion combos. Hard to explain.

But suffice it to say that where ACA ObamaScrew is concerned, it's wrong for any of us to assume that our experience is what every agent should be experiencing. It causes a head shake when I see forum members naively proclaim something as "gospel", just because it's their experience. There's nothing uniformly standardized with the ACA, except emotional and financial P-A-I-N.

I only preach the gospel allen... by now you ought to have been learned that

Back