Why is Health Care So Darn Expensive...

...because the govt has their grubby little obama hands in it...

It was expensive before that:

First dollar payouts for fluff (low deductibles, small office copays)
Unreined use due to first dollar payouts
More and more tests
Malpractice
Obesity
Hospital charges covering unpaid and uninsured on the backs of insured
US prescription costs (compared to the rest of the universe)
Fraud
Entitlements
Huge insurance agent commissions (yeah right:mad:)

The list goes on and on....

In addition to the items listed by Runner, a major contributing factor is Economics101. People want to live and be healthy no matter what the cost. Medical Science will do what it can to satisfy this insatiable demand, and squeeze every dollar it can out of people and insurance companies in the process.

Think about how costs would plummet if people said, "I'll try to stay as healthy as possible, and try natural cures if I get sick." Of course this isn't gonna happen, but reducing demand would likely reduce costs?

Last week a MedSup client showed me a bill she received for one night's hospital stay after she received an implant to help control her Parkinson shakes. The Bill didn't include surgeon charges, yet it was a whopping $79,875! The basic room and board charge for the 24 hour stay was $2,500. No wonder Medicare is going broke.
:nah:

"People want to live and be healthy no matter what the cost."

I disagree, people want to live and not worry about being healthy no matter what it costs. Mainly because very few are involved in the actual paying for their care.

I know I posted this elsewhere but it seems appropo here :D

301611_1505165884829_1704744243_712870_1866282235_n.jpg

"People want to live and be healthy no matter what the cost."

I disagree, people want to live and not worry about being healthy no matter what it costs. Mainly because very few are involved in the actual paying for their care.

True. Of course, if you read/hear how the lamestream media is reporting it, people are now starting to be involved, due to rising health insurance costs and more cost sharing to employees. Due to this, I am sure another round of health insurance company bashing is about to start.

Survey: Health insurance costs surge in 2011 - Yahoo! News

Health Insurance Premiums Spike, But White House Promises Relief - Yahoo! News

It was expensive before that:

First dollar payouts for fluff (low deductibles, small office copays)

I think the OP meant what is causing uncontrollable high healthcare costs. You pay for the right to make Dr copays and have a low deductible. It is usually a choice, the exception being group plan choices.

Back