Why Not Single Payer

I noticed that injuries from rioting and protesting are not excluded. Perhaps they also get a medal of valor.

I noticed that injuries from rioting and protesting are not excluded. Perhaps they also get a medal of valor.

Those are covered under a $100 copay or the $20 supp acc benefit built into the commie plan design. All right wingers & Trumpies have the $5,000 HDHP so that they can fund their $25,000 HSA.

Those are covered under a $100 copay or the $20 supp acc benefit built into the commie plan design. All right wingers & Trumpies have the $5,000 HDHP so that they can fund their $25,000 HSA.

I will take that, and still net me ahead 1 - 2k. Do the math!

Participation trophies.

image589.png

May 11, 2017

In the U.S., you'd need some SERIOUS quality-control measures with the government-administered Universal Healthcare system.

Look what's happening with ObamaCare's MEDICAID right now! There must be CRIMINALS behind this...not just simple inefficiency.

""In a classic example of government waste, the taxpayer-funded program (Medicaid) that provides health insurance for the poor spends over $100 billion on “demonstrations” to promote the benefit that already covers millions of people nationwide. That’s an astounding 33% of Medicaid’s total federal budget for experiments and projects that supposedly help states test and evaluate new approaches to deliver the welfare benefit, which is already spread thin.""

Source: Medicaid Blows $109 Billion on Promotional

A lot of fixing and refining would be needed before America could use our current government infrastructure to administer a nationwide Universal Healthcare system. Holy smokes!

-ac

Looking at the inefficiencies of the federal government i.e. post office, ppaca, social security and medicare costs skyrocketing with little assets to cover obligations, unfunded federal pensions, why would I want them in charge of my healthcare?

Following on AC's post about Medicaid, I found this about Ryancaid to be interesting.

Medicaid has been a backdoor for getting the country on a single-payer government health care system.

Because Medicaid is simply government health care it is marked by waste and inefficiency. The undisciplined spending just drives up health care costs and drives down health care quality. (Providers opt in based on how little care they are willing to offer and how few dollars they can work with).

Why did health care costs increase two to three times more than everything else? Because hardly anyone pays their own bills. There is no market discipline.

Health care markets are distorted from top to bottom by government, regulations and bureaucrats. Nothing is more personal than health care; sadly, in no marketplace are individuals less in control of their own selves. Insurance companies and government decides what you can and can't buy and what you pay in this totally regulated and bureaucratized business.

Perry notes that from 1960 to 2016, the percent of all health care expenditures that were paid by third parties -- insurance companies or the government -- went from 52.4 percent to 89.5 percent.

Latest posts

Back