Why Not Single Payer

Don't go there Medicare for all would win$$$$$$$$$$ Healthcare would become 90% of GNP.. Medical Industrial Complex would love it!!!!! Fee for Service National Bankruptcy!!

The reason Single Payer(or) doesn't work is too many people (the unwashed masses) will have access to the same healthcare as the people footing the bill, not enough resources (docs, hospitals etc) to go around....

The reason Single Payer(or) doesn't work is too many people (the unwashed masses) will have access to the same healthcare as the people footing the bill, not enough resources (docs, hospitals etc) to go around....

Tell me what % of our population does not have access to a non ER doctor right now.

Hint, its below 15%, and that is only because some states refused to expand Medicaid so people making above Medicaid cut off, but below ACA Subsidy cut off, got left out in the cold.

We are already on a single payor system. Its just an unnecessarily convoluted system with may different ways of paying for it and many different "programs" or "systems" within the system.

Agents need to suffer more time in claims, a lot of providers do just fine with Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rates especially when they get to to band codes for unethical but legal multiple overtreatments. BTW did you know that we have four times the usage of ICU(Intensive Care Units) days as does the Republic of Germany? Why? Hospitals are afraid of getting sued or the US culture of Overtreatment for the financial gain of the medical providers? I think most Americans if there being honest and politically agnostic know the answer!

Agents need to suffer more time in claims, a lot of providers do just fine with Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rates especially when they get to to band codes for unethical but legal multiple overtreatments.

If you speak with the more ethical doctors they always bitch about gov reimbursement rates. Im not saying its not a fair amount. Merely that I doubt they would be thrilled with no longer having a good portion of private clients that they can charge more for.

BTW did you know that we have four times the usage of ICU(Intensive Care Units) days as does the Republic of Germany? Why? Hospitals are afraid of getting sued or the US culture of Overtreatment for the financial gain of the medical providers? I think most Americans if there being honest and politically agnostic know the answer!

Litigation is a HUGE issue. Despite what "studies" say. However, it seems to effect some specialties more than others. There are OBGYNs who's malpractice insurance costs more than any other business expense they have. I have a client who has been sued for some of the most ridiculous things, and the insurer ALWAYS settles he says. Even if its a total BS claim.

The problem with single payer is not the payer it is the provider. Who in their right mind would tell their brightest children to go into medical school when an another STEM degree would be more lucrative with way less bureaucracy?

I think the main problem is the right won't consider anything the left endorses and the left will not endorse anything the right offers. This divisiveness prevents us from coming to the right answer.

Back