Will Tom Price Create Opportunities for the Agents?

Because lots of us do that, dude, while you work a cushy job, come to a forum where you "have no dog in this fight" and make rude, provoking comments.[/COLOR][/B]
----------

:D Pot meet kettle....kettle meet pot! Oh the hypocrisy! :D

I know that reading comprehension is not part of your very limited skill set so am not surprised but that is not my quote-it is from Ann H on another thread.

----------

You win.

You prevail.

I know not to argue against a closed mind coupled with a bad 'tude.'

You can have the last word.

Mine is that I sincerely hope you find the acceptance from your peers as well as the self-esteem that you seem to be so desperately seeking.

-30-

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings." - Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, Act 1, Scene2.

My last word to you is the same one I've already said multiple times in this thread-you have no clue about this market.

I have several peers who post on this forum, each of whom is successful and who make more money than I do (because they have either been in this business longer and/or work harder) but we all share something in common-we are driven to be the best possible agent, to fully understand the market and changes that might be coming, and are willing to share that information with our peers.

All you have done, in repeated posts, is bash those of us who are being successful in this tough environment.

I looked back at your first posts on these forums, you were a rookie with NY Life in 2013 and have allegedly left the industry since then for a 'high paying corporate job'. You also have a number of posts that say 'I don't know anything about health insurance' as well as other posts that say 'agents won't be needed in the future'. So, once again, my 'tude towards you is utter contempt and is well deserved. Stick to your day job, maybe you will have some success there because you surely could never have it within an industry that demanded production before you were paid.

I know that reading comprehension is not part of your very limited skill set so am not surprised but that is not my quote-it is from Ann H on another thread.

----------

My last word to you is the same one I've already said multiple times in this thread-you have no clue about this market.

I have several peers who post on this forum, each of whom is successful and who make more money than I do (because they have either been in this business longer and/or work harder) but we all share something in common-we are driven to be the best possible agent, to fully understand the market and changes that might be coming, and are willing to share that information with our peers.

All you have done, in repeated posts, is bash those of us who are being successful in this tough environment.

I looked back at your first posts on these forums, you were a rookie with NY Life in 2013 and have allegedly left the industry since then for a 'high paying corporate job'. You also have a number of posts that say 'I don't know anything about health insurance' as well as other posts that say 'agents won't be needed in the future'. So, once again, my 'tude towards you is utter contempt and is well deserved. Stick to your day job, maybe you will have some success there because you surely could never have it within an industry that demanded production before you were paid.

FLM2....still trolling, not comprehending and simply spewing his nonsense! As the saying goes.... Ignorance is bliss!! :goofy::goofy::goofy:

----------

you have no clue about this market.

All you have done, .... is bash those of us who are being successful in this tough environment.

.... for a 'high paying corporate job'.

my 'tude towards you is utter contempt and is well deserved.

Stick to your day job, maybe you will have some success there because you surely could never have it within an industry that demanded production before you were paid.

A lot of butt-hurt here... a lot of anger vented... a lot of hostility shown.

I hope that one day you will learn that those who disagree with you are not your enemy and that personal attacks weaken your arguments and make you look and sound less authoritative than you otherwise would be.

You could take a lesson from Ann H. She wrote a long, lucid, impassioned monograph disagreeing with me... without being disagreeable. That is a talent and/or skill that most successful salespeople have. She understands the following "truth" of both business and social paradigms... a "truth" that you don't (yet) understand.

best-Maya-Angelou-Quotes-sayings-wise-people.jpg

Yet, for some reason, they would rather talk to me than sign up through an anonymous website staffed by 25 year old's that have no understanding of how Medicare works.

I think that has alot to do with the age group. As those begin to die off and the new, more tech savvy seniors come into play... 5-10 years... you may not be sought after as much.

----------

Sorry, but I see a Dark Ages coming for most agents in all sectors, mainly due to automation.

While this thread has spiraled, Chicken Little is right. Say what you will, people don't care or get excited about insurance and look for the "easiest" way to get the headache out of their way. The FE and Medicare guys may be safe for the next 5-10 years, but the shift in what customers find value in will be more in simplicity, rather than "expertise". Sure... people will still want to talk to someone... but it will be far fewer and then they will finalize the transaction online. How much do you charge for your expertise?

For those of us who still have quite a few years left in our careers, this poses a problem. Staying relevant in a changing environment is not really an option, its a requirement.

I think that has alot to do with the age group. As those begin to die off and the new, more tech savvy seniors come into play... 5-10 years... you may not be sought after as much.

----------

While this thread has spiraled, Chicken Little is right. Say what you will, people don't care or get excited about insurance and look for the "easiest" way to get the headache out of their way. The FE and Medicare guys may be safe for the next 5-10 years, but the shift in what customers find value in will be more in simplicity, rather than "expertise". Sure... people will still want to talk to someone... but it will be far fewer and then they will finalize the transaction online. How much do you charge for your expertise?

For those of us who still have quite a few years left in our careers, this poses a problem. Staying relevant in a changing environment is not really an option, its a requirement.

Chicken Little isn't right on this at all because he fails to differentiate between those agents who have an existing book of business and those who might be thinking about a career in this field.

Those of us who already have a substantial book of business have already been through many changes in the past 6 years and not only survived but thrived. There are many in this position who post on these and other forums and don't appreciate being told our business will go away by someone without a clue based on real life experience when we fully understand the risks as well as the rewards and have actual metrics to back that up.

I wouldn't recommend this business to anyone just starting out and have said so on these forums on multiple occasions, there are far better ways to use an insurance license going forward. My own personal time frame is 5-10 years so really have none of these issues personally and would expect that my income from the IFP market will increase in 2018 from 2017 after decreasing annually from an all time high reached in 2014.

Chicken Little isn't right on this at all because he fails to differentiate between those agents who have an existing book of business and those who might be thinking about a career in this field.

Those of us who already have a substantial book of business have already been through many changes in the past 6 years and not only survived but thrived. There are many in this position who post on these and other forums and don't appreciate being told our business will go away by someone without a clue based on real life experience when we fully understand the risks as well as the rewards and have actual metrics to back that up.

I wouldn't recommend this business to anyone just starting out and have said so on these forums on multiple occasions, there are far better ways to use an insurance license going forward. My own personal time frame is 5-10 years so really have none of these issues personally and would expect that my income from the IFP market will increase in 2018 from 2017 after decreasing annually from an all time high reached in 2014.

FLM2....Chicken Little? A bit childish even for a troll like yourself, don't you think? Make no mistake.....you DO "have issues personally." :goofy::swoon:

Those that speak Spanish and other languages they don't like online insurance ...they want to talk to somebody. They want the feel of a trust before they purchase.

Even Blue Cross has a special Spanish phone line.

One time I bought some robo call minutes checking out the Mediare market. 10,000 (illegal) minutes resulted in 12 leads scattered all over the state. None of them had web access. The TN 65+ age wasn't tech savy 5 yrs ago.

Back