Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum

View Poll Results: Will you offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?
Yes, because it's a great solution 3 13.04%
Yes, but reluctantly 0 0%
No, because it's not major medical 5 21.74%
No, for a host of other reasons 10 43.48%
Undecided as of now 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply to Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?     
Old 08-22-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018? Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?
Will you offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

Why or why not?

Discuss
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
Guru
STIBROKER on Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

State: STIBROKER is an Insurance Agent from Texas
STIBROKER is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018? Re: Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?
Originally Posted by Yagents View Post
Will you offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

Why or why not?

Discuss
no......its not insurance.....and most of my clients are hethans......

Old 08-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Super Genius

State: insurance5511 is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018? Re: Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?
I lost clients last year to these plans. How do they work?
Old 08-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #4

State: candice84 is an Insurance Agent from
Yes, I offer them now and will continue to. They're great alternatives for people that aren't getting any subsidy for health coverage, or are in areas where there is limited plan availability.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
Guru
taterpeeler on Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

State: taterpeeler is an Insurance Agent from Texas
taterpeeler is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
yea.. but what about the provisions regarding no job coverage or no cancer coverage for 12 months or no recreational accidents or illness covered? I only looked at 1 plan and saw this

I can't spell, I can't write..... and I can't be bothered if you dont like it.

Texas Health Insurance

Texas Medicare Supplement
Old 08-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #6
Super Genius

State: alphawave2k is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Originally Posted by candice84 View Post
Yes, I offer them now and will continue to. They're great alternatives for people that aren't getting any subsidy for health coverage, or are in areas where there is limited plan availability.
It it works as touted they are an affordable alternative. The caveat is that it's not real insurance, and if someone had the unfortunate luck of getting extremely ill or having to file high $ claims, would it pay out?
I'd like to hear of cases where such a situation occurred, and the "promise" to pay actually occurred. What are some of the biggest claims paid out? That would be interesting and instrumental knowing.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:48 PM   #7

Thats where your supplements come in. Keep in mind, this is product for healthier people that are paying WAY too much for health coverage. Example, I sold a family of 4 very healthy, they were paying $2800 a month for health coverage. I set them up with a health plan for $790 a month. And an accident and critical illness supplement for $150.

----------

Originally Posted by taterpeeler View Post
yea.. but what about the provisions regarding no job coverage or no cancer coverage for 12 months or no recreational accidents or illness covered? I only looked at 1 plan and saw this
That's where your supplements come in. Keep in mind, this is product for healthier people that are paying WAY too much for health coverage. Example, I sold a family of 4 very healthy, they were paying $2800 a month for health coverage. I set them up with a health plan for $790 a month. And an accident and critical illness supplement for $150

----------

Originally Posted by alphawave2k View Post
It it works as touted they are an affordable alternative. The caveat is that it's not real insurance, and if someone had the unfortunate luck of getting extremely ill or having to file high $ claims, would it pay out?
I'd like to hear of cases where such a situation occurred, and the "promise" to pay actually occurred. What are some of the biggest claims paid out? That would be interesting and instrumental knowing.
I don't know the biggest claim they have ever paid. I know just recently they paid out a $210,000 claim for someone that had a heart attack. Btw I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if I'm not posting these properly.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #8
Guru
STIBROKER on Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

State: STIBROKER is an Insurance Agent from Texas
STIBROKER is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by taterpeeler View Post
no cancer coverage for 12 months
and if it is from smoking.....denied......you get in a car accident and been drinking....denied.....

Old 08-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #9

Originally Posted by STIBROKER View Post
and if it is from smoking.....denied......you get in a car accident and been drinking....denied.....

Yes that is pretty accurate. They also don't cover per-existing conditions for hospitalization for 24 months, but they will still allow anybody to be on the plan.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
Guru
kgmom219 on Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018?

State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
No.

No.

No.

These are not insurance plans. If you have them and your baby gets cancer, you aren't going to MD Anderson or one of the Children's. They will laugh at you and your Medishare plan.

If you get a "non-Christian" diagnosis, due to behavior before your were Christian, are they going to pay the claims?

If you are a non-smoker, but one of the 25% that get lung cancer, are they going to pay the claims?

I especially like hearing how people can't "afford" real insurance, buy this crap, then post pictures of the DisneyWorld vacation later.

And it REALLY annoys me that ACA Indy doesn't have pre-ex with no MEC, so these people drive up the rates of those having insurance when they jump in/out to the ACA pool due to being sick.

Most important? Matthew 7:1-3

Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
Reply to Will You Offer Health Ministry Plans in 2018? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Care Reform Forum