Xmas Surprise! Automatic Obamacare Enrollment!!

CMS has proposed a new rule that includes an overly reaching provision allowing CMS to re-enroll anyone who has not made the annual trek back to healthcare.gov in a cheaper plan of CMS’ choosing.

That’s right, the government will choose your plan, perhaps limit access to your doctor, and ultimately make the decision on what is “best” for you.

Not to worry, just like Lady Justice, who wears a blindfold when determining guilt or innocence, CMS will use a blindfold to pick your plan. The agency will select your plan without knowing your medical history. They will do so without knowing if you are currently undergoing treatment or working with a specific doctor. They will do so without knowing your financial status. Despite the fact that the millions of people who already enrolled chose the plan that they believed was best for them.

CMS has laid the perfect trap: Sign up at healthcare.gov one time in your life and we will never let you go. If you don’t continually re-enroll each and every year, CMS will keep you on the plan that it chooses because, after all, CMS knows what’s best and they always make the best decision.

REP. MARK MEADOWS: Obamacare's Christmas surprise - Washington Times

No offense but that's just not entirely true..... they roll over into their old plan unless that plan is no longer offered then rolled into a plan most similar from their same carrier and if no plan available then and only then rollen into a different company

Im so sick of these lying republicans... all about fear

The Conservative media is so bored this holiday season that they're finding stories from last year and posting them as if they're new.

This "Christmas Surprise!" story has been making the rounds amongst several conservative outlets over the past 48 hours, with none of them giving a link to this "proposed rule". That's because it's from 2013.

Sorry guys, it is true. I read it within past couple weeks, can't find it in my files. But essentially, and it is still up for comment period, that HHS will change your plan to a lower cost plan, to "protect" the customer from the higher priced renewals people are facing who don't actively renew.

My clients have already received letters from their carriers indicating that their plan will auto renew Jan-1-2015 in the same plan or if the plan was discontinued the closest matching plan available. The letters also indicated the subsidy amounts ( 2014 Subsidies) with an adjusted premium on the notice.

The CMS notices on almost all my members Marketplace accounts also indicates they will receive the same subsidy as 2014 unless they go back into their accounts and update their projected income for 2015.

From what I have seen on most of my accounts, and I am speaking for only my clients or members. These are all projected incomes anyway. Good or bad , bigger or smaller subsidy amounts for 2015 they will be reconciled at your 2015 tax filing anyways. The members who we did go in and make changes to a different plan received a very small increase in subsidy, so small actually it really had no impact on their decision process.

The Christmas surprise you indicate would go against the guidance and clarification already released by CMS.

That may be CMS's plan for 2016 but I don't know how they could change the rules for 2015 plan year.

No offense but that's just not entirely true..... they roll over into their old plan unless that plan is no longer offered then rolled into a plan most similar from their same carrier and if no plan available then and only then rollen into a different company

and here it is in writing:

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...ce=AltURL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=am?mh

The CMS has run into widespread opposition to a proposal that would change health plan re-enrollment on the insurance exchanges to route those being automatically re-enrolled into less-expensive insurance plans.In November,
the government suggested that consumers who don't shop for a new plan be placed into policies that have lower monthly premiums. Under Obamacare's current policy, health plan members are automatically re-enrolled in their same plan.

After last year's lies I have a much different opinion of them now. Its not like they don't know or have been misinformed...they know and they're bold faced liars. This is why they deleted everybodys passwords...republican fear mongering. I cant wait to see their Health Care Reform Law put into action....a pouch of band-aids, ointment, aspirin, and a mini Bible......

After last year's lies I have a much different opinion of them now. Its not like they don't know or have been misinformed...they know and they're bold faced liars. This is why they deleted everybodys passwords...republican fear mongering. I cant wait to see their Health Care Reform Law put into action....a pouch of band-aids, ointment, aspirin, and a mini Bible......

So, the Republicans deleted everybodys passwords ?? "I cant wait to see their Health Care Reform Law put into action....a pouch of band-aids, ointment, aspirin, and a mini Bible......"

I think some agents are in fact blinded by the " ease of enrollment" ( no U/W) that they just can not see what is really happening to our industry, much like the Health Insurance Companies were 4 years ago when the thought of an Individual Mandate to buy health insurance / government subsidies blinded the companies to what would really happen if they did not oppose the ACA legislation.

Did you not see the previous info that Bill posted just 25 minutes before your post with a link to an article about this topic.

Last edited:
Back