Yet Another Extension

You fled U.S.S. ObamaCare when she first started sinking.

You make it sound so dirty. It's not like I took the only lifeboat. There were plenty left when I abandoned ship.

You're right. And those who are in discontinued companies and plans will be automatically enrolled into "something" by our wise government, in a huge HHS bitch file on 12.16.2016.

From Healthcare.gov:

Marketplace batch auto re-enrollments (BAR) will go into effect after December 15. The following returning Marketplace consumers will be auto re-enrolled:

1. Individuals who received coverage in 2016 through participating issuers, but who have not selected 2017 coverage by December 15. Re-enrollment in their issuer’s plan for 2017 may be different from the previous year, depending on plan availability.
2. Individuals currently enrolled in plans through issuers that will not be participating in the Marketplace for 2017. Consumers will be matched with an alternate plan from a different issuer.

-the end

That doesn't apply to any who were enrolled off-Ex who only have access to 2017 coverage On-Ex.

Also, I went to help a client enroll in the underwritten Farm Bureau plan administered by UHC. "No guarantee of a 1/1 effective date." They'll try to buy a full ACA plan on the exchange then bail to the underwritten plan 2/1. They can qualify for a full HSA underwritten plan which is much better than the STM. These people max-fund their HSA every year and want to have a qualifying plan if available. The negative is that FB doesn't pay me anything - of course individual commission was nonexistent anyway.

I forgot.. You fled U.S.S. ObamaCare when she first started sinking.

----------

You're right. And those who are in discontinued companies and plans will be automatically enrolled into "something" by our wise government, in a huge HHS bitch file on 12.16.2016.

From Healthcare.gov:

Marketplace batch auto re-enrollments (BAR) will go into effect after December 15. The following returning Marketplace consumers will be auto re-enrolled:

1. Individuals who received coverage in 2016 through participating issuers, but who have not selected 2017 coverage by December 15. Re-enrollment in their issuer’s plan for 2017 may be different from the previous year, depending on plan availability.
2. Individuals currently enrolled in plans through issuers that will not be participating in the Marketplace for 2017. Consumers will be matched with an alternate plan from a different issuer.

-the end

I have people who have already gotten bills from their new carrier. New eligibility letters dated 11/23/2016. So the autoenrollment has already been processed.

They have to keep extending the "deadline" because no one is signing up for this junk..

.. :)

Back