Are You an HSA Fanatic Also?

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
I personally love HSA plans and the tax benefits of the account.

One of my first clients 9 yrs ago, bought one, and hasn't changed since.
His wife and he have been on separate HDHP plans, fully funding the HSA each year.

Fast forward to today. Her Non GF IFP Aetna plan termed on her 9/1/14, so she is eligible for a CAT plan with the exemption, cost at Aetna would be $356/mo.

But no HSA with a CAT plan. They don't want to stop contributing to their HSA............so their willing to pay $469/mo to have an HDHP Bronze 5500.

We all know the tax benefits would wipe out the huge premium difference. But, you can't fix that HSA love and addiction.

I have had mine for quite a while. It's an Aetna (grandfathered) HSA that mysteriously always maintained great rates compared to Medical Mutual, UHC and Anthem.

How would you like your HSA to grow 35 percent a year - guaranteed?
In addition spouses get the same accumulation at 30 percent discounts and children at 50 percent discounts
These returns occur for every dollar not used as a claim goes into our reserves
We share part of our reserves with our lower claimants
Deductibles are not limited by law and can be raised faster than HDHPs due to the increased HMI - Health Matching Insurance accumulations
This patented product has been carefully reviewed for three years by one of America's premier actuarial firms
Don Levit
Treasurer of National Prosperity Life and Health

I personally love HSA plans and the tax benefits of the account.

One of my first clients 9 yrs ago, bought one, and hasn't changed since.
His wife and he have been on separate HDHP plans, fully funding the HSA each year.

Fast forward to today. Her Non GF IFP Aetna plan termed on her 9/1/14, so she is eligible for a CAT plan with the exemption, cost at Aetna would be $356/mo.

But no HSA with a CAT plan. They don't want to stop contributing to their HSA............so their willing to pay $469/mo to have an HDHP Bronze 5500.

We all know the tax benefits would wipe out the huge premium difference. But, you can't fix that HSA love and addiction.

The lengths people will go to slip the weenie to the tax man....hey It's Fun!

October 3, 2014

Are there any QHPlans from Aetna or Humana that have a Single Shared Family deductible? If noone knows, I'll go dig through their SOB's. Have some families being termed on 12/31 that don't like the idea of giving up this shared deductible and paying more for the so-called "richer benefit" 2014/2015 plans. I think it's officially called a "composite" deductible?
-Allen

I have had mine for quite a while. It's an Aetna (grandfathered) HSA that mysteriously always maintained great rates compared to Medical Mutual, UHC and Anthem.

not sure how you manage to do that Medical Mutual has always been the top one is far as price competitiveness in this state. you must have a secret in with them that we don't know about.
But on the flip side I got my grandfather HSA plan through Medical Mutual and I got my premium raise notice 15 dollars, so all together I'm paying less than 150 for my HSA per month

The key here is that it is "grandfathered." MM and Anthem still have lower rates on new business. HealthSpan was a great friend to me during OE in 2014!

No termination letters yet from them and I'm holding my breath.

Chris Stynes
Stynes Insurance Agency
Cincinnati Oh
Service Since 1958

Last edited:
Back