Are You Sick of Obamacare and Not Having a PPO to Choose from Two Man group plans Have changed in TX

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
So....I know what I am doing this year........and these plans are community rated – there is no underwriting call 512-963-5000 for details....

AS OF JANUARY 2017 THE STATE OF TEXAS HAS BROUGHT BACK HUSBAND AND WIFE TWO MAN GROUPS. That’s right Texas HAS made all the health insurance company’s that are pulling out of the ACA or as it has been called OBAMACARE to bring back Husband and Wife two man groups.Are you sick of not having a PPO to choose from? Well now Texas has reinstated the Husband and Wife two man groups. That’s right you can get the same Health Insurance plans that the big company’s offer. And to top it off the rates are the same as your crappy Obamacare Plan.

Below is an excerpt from a recent Hot Topic e-mail that was sent today by BCBSTX. I wanted to reiterate and add some detail as I have had many recent discussions on the qualifications of small groups. Many will be impacted by this change.
Based on a new communication from the Texas Department of insurance, BCBSTX will approve groups that are owned by 2 spouses or owned by 1 spouse and employ the other. Other group micro group qualifications are not changed.
In order for 2 life spouse groups to be accepted employment of one spouse and ownership of the other must be documented. Alternatively ownership by both spouses must be documented. If specific documentation of either of these situations is not present, I do not believe that the group will be approved.

Small Group (1-50): TDI Updates FAQ on “Mom and Pop” Businesses
On Dec. 1, 2016, the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) issued and expanded its Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to “Mom and Pop” groups.Under the FAQs, TDI specifies that issuers cannot refuse to accept or non-renew businesses comprised solely of two employees who are married to each other, for small group (1-50) coverage.

Documentation Requirements
Paperwork submission requirements have not changed. Please continue to submit the Employer Group Information (EGI) form and other required documents. We request that producers with businesses applying for new coverage on or after Dec. 1, 2016, who are impacted by this FAQ (i.e., businesses comprised solely of two employees who are married to each other), include a note with the case submission indicating that the applicants are married to each other.
For additional questions, please contact your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Sales Representative.

Here is the paperwork BCBS requires to enroll a new group.
1.Small Employer Benefit Program Application (BPA)
2.Employee applications
3.Signed BCBS quote
4.Proof of wages (TWC report or other payroll documents)
5.Texas Supplemental Employee Verification form – needs to list out any employees who are not on the TWC report.
6.Proof of business – required only in TWC is not available
7.Employer Group Information form

8. EFT form or physical check for 1st month’s premium.

Husband and Wife Two Man PPO Health Insurance in Texas is back
Husband and Wife Two Man PPO Health Insurance in Texas is back

Last edited:
re: Are You Sick of Obamacare and Not Having a PPO to Choose from..Two Man group plans Have changed in Texas

Guess I should move to TX - unless rates are the same as ACA. Two person group underwriting goes back 5 yrs. Individual goes back forever. There is a big difference.

re: Are You Sick of Obamacare and Not Having a PPO to Choose from..Two Man group plans Have changed in Texas

Guess I should move to TX - unless rates are the same as ACA. Two person group underwriting goes back 5 yrs. Individual goes back forever. There is a big difference.

Rates are 5% higher, using the nationwide PPO network. No underwriting. Bring us an incorporation document with 2 names listed and you are done.

I get your frustration, but some people see the value in health insurance. You are lucky that you and your families only concern is the rates.

Pre-ACA, underwriting was 5 years (10?), with a max load of 67%. Which is another reason to get this done now. 67% load next year is going to look a lot different than the standard 15% bump.

KGMom just said Group rates are 5% higher than IFP in Texas. Not so in Arizona! Group rates are a LOT cheaper than IFP rates here in AZ.

Contrast these:

* Bronze IFP HMO on Exchange - 74.6% more expensive than Bronze Group PPO with wide network.

* Bronze IFP PPO off-Exchange with wide network - 45.8% more expensive than Bronze Group PPO with wide network.

* Gold IFP HMO on Exchange - 63.9% more expensive than Gold Group PPO with wide network.

* IFP - 4 on-exchange and 2 off-exchange options. Group - 202 fully funded options almost all of which are PPOs with wide networks, and lots more options with level funded.

* Group commissions run around $24 to $32 PEPM, or around 4.75% to 5.5% street level. Some micro groups (2-3 employees) are still at $15 PEPM. Lots of bonuses too, and really good ancillary products. IFP commissions are $12 PMPM on exchange and nothing off exchange - no bonuses, terrible ancillary products.

I've always been mostly a group producer with a side of IFP, but I converted about 95% of my ACA IFP cases to group in the last 18 months, and only have GF and GM IFP cases left on the books --- on purpose. I had the best OEP since ACA began and am thankful to not have to deal with the ACA IFP nightmares any more.

Last time I quoted rates for my family & my son's under a group, rates were higher than ACA. I just got confirm that my UHC STM is in force so I'll cancel the ACA after I get a look at the cert. Still waiting on Farm Bureau (UHC) underwritten plan for the rest of the family.

Im trying to put together a micro group now in maricopa county..bcbs

Good for you. Here are some tips:

BCBSAZ is good for micro group. Their HSA rates are very competitive. If you use the Alliance Network the rates can't be beat, but if you want a broad network then Humana has the best rates, and UHC is right behind them.

BCBSAZ composite rates on all size groups, which can turn into a problem.

BCBSAZ and Humana will require you to enroll the non-owner/spouse W2 employee in a 2 life group. United Healthcare will not. There must BE an eligible W2 employee who is not an owner/spouse, but UHC will allow that person to waive coverage.

Humana & BCBSAZ will allow management carve-out, UHC will not.

BCBSAZ is super backed up right now. Waaaaay behind. Aetna is too. UHC and Humana are processing apps & sending temp ID cards in 5-9 days.

Health Net is not competitive. Aetna is, well, Aetna.

Thanks... got a call from one of my clients age 70 she was with Blue Cross Az individual. a plan we sold her maybe three years ago... they cancelled her and she paid on time.
Another agent in Southern Arizona they're canceling 50 of his clients

Back