Any Allstate Agents in Texas

Texasproducer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So we compete with Allstate all the time and recently they have been very competitive with their new "House & Home" policy. We found the following article from Bankrate regarding the roof payment schedule and the depreciation of the roof payout for hail claims.

Bankrate Article

Can you verify if this depreciation schedule applies to every House & Home policy or if it is an elective coverage/discount? I've found that most insureds have no clue what I am talking about when I bring up this coverage and would infer that the Allstate agent is not explaining it to them.

So we compete with Allstate all the time and recently they have been very competitive with their new "House & Home" policy. We found the following article from Bankrate regarding the roof payment schedule and the depreciation of the roof payout for hail claims.

Bankrate Article

Can you verify if this depreciation schedule applies to every House & Home policy or if it is an elective coverage/discount? I've found that most insureds have no clue what I am talking about when I bring up this coverage and would infer that the Allstate agent is not explaining it to them.

I'm not in Texas but in my state if your roof is newer than 10 years you can get a replacement cost type endorsement (20 years if it is metal, slate or tile). If it is older than that you get paid according to the schedule. We have a couple of carriers using the payment schedule now.

Back