Day Care

RABBI

Expert
Need to find quotes for a $1,000,000 liability policy for a home day care. Never have dealt with this so any help appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
USLI or Thomco (Markel) will write it all day. I think their premium is $325 for 25 or less children. Erie will write it in conjunction to the homeowner insurance. They write it very cheap too I think $126/yr

How many children in the daycare? It makes a big difference in your options.

Also, is this in Alabama? Or is the flag wrong?

Dan

How many children in the daycare? It makes a big difference in your options.

Also, is this in Alabama? Or is the flag wrong?

Dan

Less than 10 and she is in Californnia. Thanks for your reply Dan.

At less than 10, she can probably endorse her homeowners policy to add this, though 6 is the limit for many policies.

Dan

AAA said they wouldn't cover it (according to her) but maybe I'll have her try again and ask about an endorsement. USLI said they only quote agents and Markel quoted her $900 for the year. Anyone know of any other options?? Thanks

AAA said they wouldn't cover it (according to her) but maybe I'll have her try again and ask about an endorsement. USLI said they only quote agents and Markel quoted her $900 for the year. Anyone know of any other options?? Thanks

Yeah.. she should get an agent

Gets tricky here.

If her current homeowners carrier (AAA) refuses to endorse due to the number of kids, they can easily non renew due to the exposure even if she finds a carrier for the day care. Like Dan said, most only allow 6. Over that becomes both state certifications and too much liability.

Philadelphia may like this risk, building and all. But not sure about their appetite in CA.

Dave

If the home carrier won't endorse, USLI is probably the answer.

I've never tried Philidelphia for this. To be honest, I had such bad luck writing in home daycares that I stopped doing it. California has so many rules the insurance companies get timid and basically become almost a second licensing agency. Of course, if the daycare is recently licensed, its usually not a problem, since the requirements are similar.

Dan

Back