Hail Roof Claim Denied - Next Logical Step?

helpful

We recently had a hail storm in our neighborhood, as a result many roofs are being replaced. So far I have three roofing companies claim that we have hail damage and our roof should be replaced.

We have many shingles with obvious areas of missing granules but no obvious collateral damage. Our adjuster denied our claim calling our shingle damage a "manufacturing defect". The shingles are GAF brand with a 40 year warranty. The roof is six years old and was inspected by a qualified home inspector during a prepurchase inspection a little over two years ago, the inspector did not find any damage at that time.

I probably don't have any manufactuer warranty because I am the second owner.

The roofing companies are all wrong or the adjuster didn't get it right.

What is my next logical step in this process?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Call ur agent and get his opinion on the claim? See if he can call the claim adjuster and see what he can do.

call the DOI and file a complain.

I'm going to assume you meant file a complaint, but if I might ask, why would you jump to that so quickly? There is no question that adjusters make mistakes from time to time, but if the claim was denied because there "was no obvious damage" as the OP explained and that the adjuster allegedly claimed that the shingles were defective and that the damage was not a result of something covered by the policy, the complaint seems reckless at best. Wouldn't you agree?

Back