Homeowners Sales Questions

G

What are some good questions to ask homeowners prospects to get them talking about what they really want??

(Im making a list for all lines of insurance but this one is stumping me)

Questions that allow them to open up letting me figure out what they want. Would be more accurate.

I got a couple good ones for Condo's and Liability but the home is still stumping me

wow, how long you been in the business?

You should know your policies to were the gaps are, such as jewerly, guns, furs, painting, how about water and sewer backup?

NP, you should find out what they need in regards to coverage and what they want out of their agent.

Do you ask why they are switching companies? Is it because their premium shot up 25% or because they could never get ahold of their agent?

You could ask them if they feel their current coverages are adequate? May feel they're over or under insured.

Ask them if they have any items they would like to schedule? If they don't know what that means, explain it to them. They may have some large pieces of jewelry their previous agent never even asked about.

Do they have any home based business or have clients over to their personal residence? Inventory needs coverage and visitng clients increases their liability.

I still don't have a good one for asking about their current financials. It's not really any of my business, but at the same time, I don't want them to get sued and lose a portion of their portfolio.

??????

Let's see, what they really want is a Nice New York steak, a loaded baked potato, and a side salad, but what does that have to do with homeowners insurance?

I have NO idea what you are trying to achieve here.

The only question I can suggest, it's the one I use sometimes:

You come home after a nice evening out on Friday night, around midnight, and find the fire department putting out the smoldering remains of your house. In the rare event this happens, what would you like to have?
- A claims center that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or one only open Monday - Friday?
- Knowledge that the carrier will help find a place for you to stay? Or be on your own to find a hotel or relative to stay with?
- My cell phone number to call, even at night, in the event this happens? Or an 800 number to talk to someone in India?

Sign here......

Dan

My favorite question to ask any prospect regardless of product is: Is price or coverage your primary concern?

Once you know that you know who you are dealing with.

In my experience you get one of three answers.

1. "Price". Cool...these are guys that I would strip a policy down, give them a price to get them talking to me and then ask them what all they want the policy to cover and build it from there. I never sold a stripped down policy but it allowed me to approach it from what was important to them.

2. "Coverage". AWESOME. Dont talk about price at all. Only talk about how to protect their assets. Only happens about .01% of the time but hey when the come in they are great!

3. "Umm...well...I dont want to pay too much" or something like this. This is the majority of the way people answer this question. This is great and my response went something like this: "If I can show you how to protect your family and your assets at the best possible price I can offer would you be willing to have a conversation with me about that?" This allows you the freedom to talk through price objections and get the coverage you need.

Hope that helps!

What I like to do when I do a "free analysis" of their policy, I bring up all the things that are not covered (excluded) from their current policy. I show them how by paying just a little more how much more coverage they can have. Once you explain to them that they only have $2500 jewlery coverage with a basic HO3 (for example), that will get their attention.

Thanks a million for the responses guys, I've only been in the business for about 6 months and still trying to learn as much as possible. I came to realize i was talking to much and not asking clients enough questions, so it may be awkward memorizing and asking them at first you gotta start somewhere eventually it will come naturally.

Good Luck to you all,

Nick

Latest posts

Back