House Renting As Ryder Cup 2016 Accommodation

Gerry

Hi Guys,

My neighbour has rented her house as Ryder Cup Accommodation for 2 weeks. There seems to be alot of homeowners doing this due to the high rental prices success. accommodationfortheevent com/rydercup/

Does my regular house insurance cover short term rentals such as this? Also, has anyone here rented short term (holiday rental) .

Thanks in advance
Gerry

Last edited:
Check with your insurance carrier. Is your home insurance currently setup as owner occupied or tenant occupied?

The short answer to your question is probably not. Neither standard home or rental home policies are designed for short term rentals. There are policies specifically for short term or vacation rental properties.

That being said, if this is a one time thing you might be OK. But I would definitely recommend calling your insurance company to double check. If they tell you it's OK, GET IT IN WRITING.

An "ISO standard" HO3 policy extends liability coverage to occasional rental (undefined). It has no exclusion for damage to the home. There may be limitations for damage to detached structures being rented and to personal property. If you don't have an ISO policy then all bets are off...read your policy and talk to your agent.

Back