My Home Insurance Went Up 97%..need Help!

lonestartx

I received my homeowners renewal and it went up 97% (it's $3700 for the year). I live in Texas (Harris County). I am the original owner of this home that is now 10 years old. It's currently insured for $285,000 and I haven't had any claims. When I called my Agent she said it was due to my credit. I've had some credit issues this past year (loss of job, credit cards now in collection, but NO bankruptcy). She said she would work up a quote and get back to me, but she hasn't. I was wondering are there any insurance companies in Texas that do not base the rate on credit? I can't afford this. Since the insurance payment is escrowed each month now my mortgage payment will increase.

Any help or guidance you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Credit does impact things, but you should shop it. You'd be surprised at how different the premiums can be, especially with such a major premium increase.

Hi, I'm and agent in Harris county and can help you out. A lot of companies had huge rate increases this year. What is your email address? Private message me if you would like.

There will be no rate relief for homeowners insurance costs. The cost of purchasing re- insurance went up. Next , problem for the homeowner will be passing a physical inspection..... :)

There will be no rate relief for homeowners insurance costs. The cost of purchasing re- insurance went up. Next , problem for the homeowner will be passing a physical inspection..... :)

not sure what your yapping about......:goofy:

Texas homeowners is a complete scam in desperate need of additional regulation. Our homeowners rates are criminal and the state allows this year after year. Shop around but it's really out of control. Your best bet is probably an independent agent vs a large national chain you see the commercials for.

Texas homeowners is a complete scam in desperate need of additional regulation. Our homeowners rates are criminal and the state allows this year after year. Shop around but it's really out of control. Your best bet is probably an independent agent vs a large national chain you see the commercials for.

really? Pretty sure my state is tired of supplementing your claims......:err:

I say sue the weather channel for causing all these storms. (End ridiculous comment)

Texas homeowners insurance is a different beast. All the insurers use separate policy forms and what you think is covered may not be. Buy cheap insurance, get less coverage. What's the point of paying for insurance if you can't make a claim?

Back