Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Homeowners Insurance Forum

Reply to Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year?     
Old 10-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Expert

State: lmspeir is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year? Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year?
Hey, guys!

I am trying to find out how many homeowner insurance claims are filed each year. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Larry
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #2

State: Mr. Frog Dog is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year? Re: Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year?
Can you be more specific?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Guru

State: saieddie is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year? Re: Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year?
thirty seven

Half the people you know are below average.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #4
Expert

State: lmspeir is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year? Re: Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year? lmspeir is the thread starter for: Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year?

Just trying to get an estimate of the number of homeowner insurance claims filed with insurance companies on an annual basis.

Or, another way to look at it - what are the odds I will have a claim against my homeowner's this year?

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Which holiday is on Dec.25-th ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 10-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
Guru
VolAgent on Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year? - Insurance Forum

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by lmspeir View Post
Just trying to get an estimate of the number of homeowner insurance claims filed with insurance companies on an annual basis.

Or, another way to look at it - what are the odds I will have a claim against my homeowner's this year?
I'll let you in on a little secret, insurance pricing is based upon risk. The majority of your premium goes to pay for the risk, with a small amount added for administrative costs and profit. Figure 10%-20% is for the administrative costs and profit. That may be slightly higher or lower depending on the size and efficiency of the insurer.

So, your premium is roughly proportional to the risk.

The real question is, if you do not have homeowner's insurance, can you afford to pay to replace your home and furnishings, and/or pay the liability claim that you may incur?
Reply to Number of Homeowner Insurance Claims Per Year? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Homeowners Insurance Forum