Proof for Age of Roof Discount

BA-35

Hi all...

My company recently implemented an Age of Roof discount for the Homeowners line. I certainly welcome another discount; however, documentation required for proof is quite a burden.

I'm guessing that age of roof is a common discount, but I'm curious what, if any, proof other carriers require.

Anyone willing to share their proof requirements.

Thanks

Auto-Owners just started offering this for roofs under 5 yrs of age. They want firm documentation (receipt) that the roof was repaired/replaced. I would think a homeowner should have a receipt if they spent $5k+ on a job. If not, the contractor should have a record of the job.

In Florida this is a requirement, not usually for discounts, but for eligibility with a lot of our carriers. Typically, our companies will accept permits, contracts, receipts, and if the customer doesn't hav any of this (and the county doesn't have the permit) they can get an inspection (usually $50-$75 in our area) showing the life expectancy and estimated age.

I can only imagine how many people will walk into Officeman, buy a "receipts" book, or simply use a program on ANY computer to create a "fake Recipt" for this discount.......agents and customers....

I can only imagine how many people will walk into Officeman, buy a "receipts" book, or simply use a program on ANY computer to create a "fake Recipt" for this discount.......agents and customers....

Most of the receipts, I've seen are accompanied by the roofing contract, which explains the work to be done in detail, along with the materials being purchased. It would be hard to counterfeit that. Although we have seen a lot of forged documents come through our offices. One customer brought his prior policy information with OUR primary agents forged signature. it was obvious it was fraud with all of the misspellings etc. This has happened where our primary agents signature ahs been forged on several occasions. Most of the time the dealerships have caught it and sent it to us.

If they want the discount, they have to show the proof. I hate it when people ask me if they qualify for a discount and when I tell them what's required they say, "Oh ok, I can provide that." Then when the rubber meets the road they never do and get ticked when their premiums go up. I started telling them what the discount WOULD be ONLY when they get me the proof I need will I apply it.

Moneymaker isn't that the truth it always seems ya ya I have that then after you give them a price and keep asking for the information they never seem able to provide it.

Unfortunately people have been forging documents since the beginning of written languages. We all need to be aware of what documents in our areas should look like and do our best to take out the forgeries.

Has anyone accepted documentation of something and then found out later that it was false? If so, how did you handle it?

Thanks everyone.

We were looking for a way to minimize the supporting media requirement, but it doesn't look like there's much wiggle room.

Latest posts

Back