State Farm Competition

mactube

Expert
Hi,
I don't have a lot of experiences with insurances but the only one (1/2) I had so far was great ! ( with one little set back ) :

I had a Renters Insurance for not to long ( around 1 year ) when my Rental Car got broken into in Europe. I tried to claim the loss of about 3,5k with all kinds of insurances .. Rental Car , Credit Cards .. when I finally found out that my Renters Insurance covers the loss which I had with State Farm . I could not provide any receipts of any of the items and even then the check came faster than I ever expected..
Now I guess since the payout was so high versus the premium I have payed so far ..
State farm decided to cancel the policy .. which I don't blame them for.. I found out that State Farm doesn't even want to give my girl friend a new policy since we live unter the same address .

The other half experience I had with State Farm was when I was involved in a car accident with somebody who had stated farm insurance . Even though the person admitted she was at fault they protected here so well on the phone that I thought they were her lawyer and then paid out 50% to both of the parties.

When I tell the story people tell me they had or heard about the same experience with State Farm

That made me want to get car insurance ( combination with renters insurance ) with them too.

Now I'm looking for another insurance that covers my without hassle too just like State Farm . Does somebody have a good advice .

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I don't have a lot of experiences with insurances but the only one (1/2) I had so far was great ! ( with one little set back ) :

I had a Renters Insurance for not to long ( around 1 year ) when my Rental Car got broken into in Europe. I tried to claim the loss of about 3,5k with all kinds of insurances .. Rental Car , Credit Cards .. when I finally found out that my Renters Insurance covers the loss which I had with State Farm . I could not provide any receipts of any of the items and even then the check came faster than I ever expected..
Now I guess since the payout was so high versus the premium I have payed so far ..
State farm decided to cancel the policy .. which I don't blame them for.. I found out that State Farm doesn't even want to give my girl friend a new policy since we live unter the same address .

The other half experience I had with State Farm was when I was involved in a car accident with somebody who had stated farm insurance . Even though the person admitted she was at fault they protected here so well on the phone that I thought they were her lawyer and then paid out 50% to both of the parties.

When I tell the story people tell me they had or heard about the same experience with State Farm

That made me want to get car insurance ( combination with renters insurance ) with them too.

Now I'm looking for another insurance that covers my without hassle too just like State Farm . Does somebody have a good advice .

Thanks in advance

First off, I would say I'm glad you had a great experience with State Farm! They usually are good and can be on top of things when it comes to the claim sides. With that being said, most of the top rated companies you'll find will be decent at paying claims. These companies don't stay in business because they are HORRIBLE at claims. Now, depending on the area, the state, or even the agent from the company (whether it be captive or Independent), you could get a experience that is not necessarily par for the course. Also, some people will complain because they didn't understand a tricky situation (like a claim that isn't so black and white) but that's universal wherever you go.

To summarize, you will most likely enjoy most experiences with some of the bigger companies (Nationwide, Farmers, American Family, Travelers). All these companies are known to have a decent reputation at taking care of their insured's. Shop reputable companies and you should be OK.

Good luck in the search! And really check out the agent and get a decent read on how he or she does business. Their team and their setup can really go a long way in helping with claims.

@TyperP ..thank you so if the actual service and also claims depend on the agent too.. I will look for an good agent in the Los Angles here on the forum .

@TyperP ..thank you so if the actual service and also claims depend on the agent too.. I will look for an good agent in the Los Angles here on the forum .

It can matter, yes. Do they actually check up on you after the claim is submitted? Are they on top of getting your payout? Do they have good services to refer you to when it comes to the claim (auto shops, good roofers). All these things can play a factor in your experience.

The one that an agent usually can't control is the claim adjuster the company sends out. This individual will be from corporate and often times, agents don't have a huge say in the claims adjuster you might get.

Good luck with your search!

Back