2014 Premiums for Illinois

Rates in the story were for the "cheapest" plans...probably bronze and probably from the Land of Lincoln Cooperative.

The governor's non-announcement today is simply following in the footsteps of what other liberal leaning states have said when they floated out these teaser rates

The plan designs are probably similar to what you see in every state, due to the strict ObamaCare plan design limitations and mandates.

The big question mark is the NETWORKS. Blue Cross yesterday hinted that the networks will be smaller. Naturally, smaller could be from 1% to 99% in any given geographic location. Soon, we'll know (ala Paul Harvey) "The Rest of The Story.".

BTW...theres a Crain's Article out today describing how the rates calculations from Illinois carriers are still not working properly in the Exchange software. Not a good sign this late in the game!
ac

It doesn't look like Humana will be offering any plans in Dupage, Will Or Kane. Only BCBS & Aetna. Did I read that right??

Last edited:
It doesn't look like Humana will be offering any plans in Dupage, Will Or Kane. Only BCBS & Aetna. Did I read that right??

1. Regarding HUMANA, You are Correct.

2. For Dupage + Will + Kane
HCSC(BCBS-IL)
Land of Lincoln Health cooperative
AETNA

If Land of Lincoln cooperative comes in with meaningfully lower premiums than the competition, it would be worth finding out if they contract with brokers. The Iowa cooperative looks like it contracts, and pay well too.

Also, I think some of this is subject to change, since the literature says, "As of September 25, 2013". Plus, we still know NOTHING about the all-important medical network compositions with any of the carriers.
-ac

Last edited:
The article states "Individuals and families with income between 133 percent and 400 percent of the federal poverty level are supposed to receive subsidies on a sliding scale if they get insurance through the marketplace.

I though it was 138% anything below that is on medicaid??? I wish their was a chart for family sizes based on income that I can see who qualifys for medicaid & who doesn't.

Back