Ambetter Insured by Celtic?

It is a disaster ....I am in DuPage, but my clients will suffer all this mess. Still confused what to do. It is matter of business for me. People pay low with them, but for nothing.

----------

My Blue Cross clients in Cook County are very angry!

If they're subsidized, the presence of the dirt cheap Celtic-Ambetter HMO plans is causing their ATPC-subsidy $$$ amount to actually DECREASE on 1/1/2016.

I just spoke with a 62 year old Cook County client (60611). Her Blue Choice PPO plan is increasing by 45% and the subsidy decreasing by 11%. Net result is that her actual out-of-pocket increase in premium is a huge 56%!

If they're not subsidized, they have to endure the entire 45% premium increase that will kick in on 1/1/2016.

Or, change to Ambetter-Celtic and pray for the best of health in 2016.

I'm pretty sure that Celtic-Ambetter is violating HHS-CMS rules by not having enough physicians and hospitals in Cook county. The problem is the Federal Government will not take any action until enough people are severely hurt with huge medical bills..and start filing official complaints. It would be nice if HHS-CMS would take proactive action, by telling Celtic-Ambetter to de-list itself from the Illinois Marketplace, but that's not going to happen.

But, I will send a note to the Illinois Department of Insurance and the Governor's office. Almost zero chance of any response or action, but at least they'll have a record (and so will I) that at least one health insurance professional attempted to warn them of the problems that Celtic-Ambetter's presence will bring to lots of Illinois residents starting on 1/1/2016.
ac

Last edited:
It is a disaster ....I am in DuPage, but my clients will suffer all this mess. Still confused what to do. It is matter of business for me. People pay low with them, but for nothing.

??? Ambetter Illinicare does not have plans in DuPage, so subsidies have increased substantially there instead of dropping as they did in Cook due to the "Illincare Effect."

The ambetter product across the board has a horrendous network, we routinely sell against it, better to have a bronze than a silver with a network that only has 10 to 20 doctors within 20 miles

??? Ambetter Illinicare does not have plans in DuPage, so subsidies have increased substantially there instead of dropping as they did in Cook due to the "Illincare Effect."

Thanks, they don't have, but BCBS did a big increase, so now we move to Aetna, and hope they will learn their lesson. I should change doctors, network, hospital : instead going to Elmhurst or Alexian I should go to Naparville. What a joke.:yes:

Are you guys appointed with them? I completed their appointment app online over a month ago. I called them 2 weeks ago to check on it but it was still being processed. They couldn't say how much time it will take because they have many appointment applications.

Back